Status
Not open for further replies.

kewld00d

827a8f.jpg

MusicKick is the world's easiest music player. You don't even need music files, type in the name of a song and it plays.

The program works by querying various online music search sites and playing the files.

The buttons you see on the bottom do a couple of things. There is a play/pause button combination, that's pretty easy to figure out. The other buttons save and load files.

The "Load .mkpls" button will tell you that the feature is not yet supported, because I haven't coded any playlist functionality in yet. In the future, this will load playlists of files.

The "Save .play" button will save a .play file for whatever you've typed in the song field. When the .play file is loaded, it will behave as if you'd searched for that song.

The "Load .play" button will open a dialog allowing you to load a saved .play file.

I'll make a YouTube video demonstrating how to use the app sometime soon.

It requires Flash. If you don't have Flash, it may still occasionally work, but for the most part it won't.

Give it a test, let me know what you think and what features you want.

Updated link: Beta 3 fixes bugs and adds things that you guys requested. And beta 4 fixes Djlatino's bug.

Hey everyone, I was approached by a company that offered me lots of money to bundle a toolbar with this program. The download below is exclusive for you guys and doesn't include the crap that the main download at the website does.

Code:
http://getmusickick.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/MKBeta4.zip
New unique play feature in beta 2:

I was testing and noticed a few songs that MusicKick had a hard time finding. Now, there's a way to create .play files for songs MusicKick can't find. Here's how to manually create a play file that bypasses the "figure-it-out" code: http://pastebin.com/LMn9Z2Jf

Last edited:
30 comments
Thanks 1only. If it can't find a song, there's now a way to specify a song. (it only works with one of the backup sources, though)

Downloading , will test it..

Update : I must say your app is awesome...
whatever songs i typed,was played...even non english songs also played ...
But it plays songs after some sec even after completing the search [may be depends on net connection ]...whatever you must show a msg like "Please wait" ... otherwise users may quit your app ..
good one anyways

Last edited:
But it plays songs after some sec even after completing the search [may be depends on net connection ]...whatever you must show a msg like "Please wait" ... otherwise users may quit your app ..

It did show a small rotating thing, but I have made this more obvious in the new beta 3.

Code:
[code]See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80020101): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020101
   at mshtml.HTMLWindow2Class.IHTMLWindow2_execScript(String code, String language)
   at MusicKick.Form1.groovesharkExecJS(String jsCommand)
   at MusicKick.Form1.playSong(String songName)
   at MusicKick.Form1.playBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MusicKick
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/8Z9NQ4Z6.8RP/QEO34C0Q.23B/musi..tion_c04fce1cd0b920dd_0001.0003_685a35adee3a9a1f/MusicKick.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
AxInterop.WMPLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/8Z9NQ4Z6.8RP/QEO34C0Q.23B/musi..tion_c04fce1cd0b920dd_0001.0003_685a35adee3a9a1f/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/8Z9NQ4Z6.8RP/QEO34C0Q.23B/musi..tion_c04fce1cd0b920dd_0001.0003_685a35adee3a9a1f/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.mshtml
    Assembly Version: 7.0.3300.0
    Win32 Version: 7.0.3300.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

tmp2ad3.png

wah

I'll fix that shortly.

edit: It won't crash in beta 4, it gives you a nice pretty error in this case.

Last edited:
looks cool. ima test it when i get on my computer.

Did you know i sent this from my android? wj has tapatalk so download it now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back