Status
Not open for further replies.

DuCe

Just got myself my very first MacBook Pro and I have no clue how to use this thing, but I am in love with it. Now I am trying to put the adobe products I had on my last computer but i'm so lost. This system is nothing like the pc, I keep getting confused with the shortcuts I used on my pc. lol Please tell me it gets better?

13 comments
Great now take it back and get a real computer.

Na i'm only messing, Don't own a mac but when i went on one it felt very Linux like, I know its not but its more comparable to that than it is windows.

You should have some fun with the terminal you can do lots of useful things with it faster than using a gui.

If you are used to windows than just give it some time and you will start liking it.

Just like with any other change you have to pass through the learning curve and once you have done that everything is a piece of cake :)

Enjoy your new mackbook :)

@shadow.prx I had the same feeling when I first tried it on my Hackintosh machine.

@Halcyon, I am working on that now. Kinda been on wiki looking it all up. Thanks

Thank you all for the comments.

Ok, I have also got a mac and I have had it for years, if you have any questions send me a mail and ill help you out if you want.
Macs run dmg files not Exe's unless your dual boot it using parallels or boot camp or something,
There are a lot of differences yes with a mac and windows computer but I personally wouldn't go back to a windows based machine simply because I like my mac better for coding and developing compared to my pc.

If you want the adobe products from your other computer I'm afraid it's impossible, download the dmg files from the website and bobs your uncle lol

I think Macs' are overpriced, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure you must be happy. :)

Certainly they are over priced but its good value for the service and product you get.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

@Halcyon, I am working on that now. Kinda been on wiki looking it all up. Thanks

Thank you all for the comments.

Mac is easy to use. Just matter of time and you will get used to it.
Also for shortcuts like ctrl+c or ctrl+v they are same like windows.
Just use the command key(kEY Below Z X) and the same shortcuts you used on windows. ctrl+c for copy will be command+c.

You can download the adobe products from internet. Adobe MasterSuite for Mac - Search this.
Let us know if need some more assistance.

PS: If needed I can help you assist in setting up your mac but thats tomorrow.
Drop me a PM if you cant figure out on your own

Cheers

give some time to familiarize yourself, if you have some questions google is always there just type your questions and he will give you answers mostly it comes with images and videos how to's.. enjoy your mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back