My first few 3D modelling renders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitish

Just completed my 3rd semester architectural design exercise. Here are my first project's render..I started 3D modelling for like a 1-2 months ago. Please comment :D
See full images to see in a better resolution. I could have rendered them on 300dpi or even 600 but that would have taken more than few hours..These are on around 75dpi
Front elevation
[SLIDE]http://i.imgur.com/xO58h.jpg[/SLIDE]

rear perspective
[SLIDE]http://i.imgur.com/zVWvS.jpg[/SLIDE]

my personal fav angle
[SLIDE]http://i.imgur.com/OuhTo.jpg[/SLIDE]

internal render:
[SLIDE]http://i.imgur.com/BUUuS.jpg[/SLIDE]

Last edited:
31 comments
thumbup.png

Architecture? What year are you in?

Not to bad. I used to do a lot of renders myself for years. People, trees and vegitation really need to be added in Photoshop and your shadows are a bit hard. They need to be softer at the edges. What programs are you using to draw and render?
Is the green cladding on the elevations copper? If so you need to change it. It's also attention to detail that counts. Take for example the way that green cladding touches the ground/grass. It would never do so in real life nor would the vertical brie solie posts you have. You'd probably have a recessed shadow gap at the junction. The grass is a little too green. Make it darker or add it in photoshop. It can be better to take a photo of the context and just render the building and add it in photoshop.

The stone texture also needs a bigger map. If you look at your favorite view on the left elevation which is in shadow you can clearly see the pattern in the stone of the image map. Open your image map in photoshop and copy it, flip it, rotate it etc so you end up with a bigger image map so when it's rendered it's harder to see the pattern.

In photoshop get a picture of a sky and paste it over your building, highlight the glass in your windows and delete the sky layer except for your highlighted glass. Then set opacity to about 5-10% of the sky layer so it looks like the reflection of the sky in the windows. At the moment they look dark and dull.

Good start though. Rendering buildings is all about practice and time. The more you spend on the the better they get so keep it up.

Mr happy, i completely understand what you are saying but those details take much more hours to render and a specialized rendering engine like of 3ds max.
Also see this:
[slide]http://i.imgur.com/BUUuS.jpg[/slide]
This is internal room render. You can see all the reflections here. It was just that, i didn't have enough time to go into all those details which you just said and i had to make the images lighter which are ofcourse giving a sense of non real stuff but those were to be printed. So that printer quality was also a factor.

About the shadows, those are ACTUAL shadows which will come on the site on that building. I used exact co-ordinates. They are supposed to be forming these shadows on 21st june 2010 at 3PM.

But yeah, i will try to improve. A big thanks for that review <3.

Thank you all ^.^
Hulkman, i am studying proper full fledge architecture (5 year B.Arch degree course)
Glad to see a Architect on WJ. I was amazed that you have such a big project in 3rd semester. I dont think i will be having such projects in B.E(Computers).:))

Nitish You are need to say anything about this lol :D

for me when their is exam time (B.Arch) its all the time to doing the submissions for it, making sheets, drawings, making of models of design.. so in that fews days of exams all rooms are spread with papers, colour pencils, thermo-cols, blaw blaw blaw... no time to eat then how i get time to shower lol... maximum 3 days.. without shower

the theory of architectures student life and it 100% true
You know you're an architecture student when???
...When you're not sure what day of the week it is
...When you have slept straight through a day and into the next day after a final review
...When lack of sleep makes you feel and act as if you are high
...When a relationship with an upperclassman seems like a good idea because they might be able to help you on your project
...your roommates say "good morning," and you reply "good night."
...you carry a toothbrush in your backpack.
... You can stay alive without sunlight, communicate with people nor having foods but you would commit suicide if the plotter doesn't plot your work out
...You've lost your house key and u realized week later
...u dance madly at 3 am though u aren't drunk
...you haven't taken a shower in a week.
...you see showering as a waste of time.
...you know all the 24-hour food places in the area.
...your friends get more sleep in one night than you do in one week.
...you say "It's only midnight- I have plenty of time to finish."
...you ask what time it is, then ask "AM or PM?"
...you slice your finger, and the first thing you think of is if you'll be able to finish your model.
...you dare not to have a gf/bf coz no one can accept for what u are
...upon hearing 'Weekends' you think of sleep instead of hangout
...you go to the food shop, and without ordering anything you get your order in hand
...you use architecture tools to eat. like pencil for eating magy
...you wake up to go to school and you're already there.
...you count the number of days (not hours) you've been awake.
...concept of time is not forward, but a countdown from the time a project is due ("What time is it?""4 hours 'till").....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back