My blog google search results url wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Xclusive-

When i search my blog new posts google adds additional text to the url:
Code:
site/2012/07/post title/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=post title
This has to be recent issue, because posts what were indexed earlier, has proper clean link.

Recently, 2-3 days ago, i added two additional sitemaps to google webmaster tools. Updated my BWP google XML sitemap also to a newer version. That last action deleted the original sitemap from my root directory and replaced it with sitemap.backup.xml.gz, sitemap.backup.xml (dif. name than the original one had).
I think i should delete one or more sitemap(s) from google webmaster tools. Which ones should i delete ? :facepalm:8-) Both are already indexed and how should i avoid 404 links than? i have about 800 urls to delete than, is there easier way to do it?

Or should i just edit the google webmaster tools - url parameters section and chose option for everything "No: Doesnt effect page content (ex: tracks usage)" ?

Thanks

Last edited:
6 comments
What sitemap should i delete, the one what indexed more urls , and had my new posts indexed with minutes after posting or the one i inserted first and didnt made the impact i searched?

Solution

u need to Regenerate your site map again and delete your old site map then again submit your sitemap url to webmaster tools.
and you need to set your permalink also

Last edited:
BestSeo , that would just create more duplicate meta descriptions and duplicate title tags?
Doesnt google need lot of time to remove all duplicate content?

chechk ur ht acces may cause this problem in rewriting url ;)

That problem didnt exist when my firsts post were indexed correctly, i doubt ht access is the evil in here.

Last edited:
BestSeo , that would just create more duplicate meta descriptions and duplicate title tags?
Doesnt google need lot of time to remove all duplicate content?

That problem didnt exist when my firsts post were indexed correctly, i doubt ht access is the evil in here.

Well , just delete the existing site map then , and then ping the new sitemaps all over , the search results will then detects the new link and update links in about 4 to 5 days . So probably i don't think that it will create more duplicate descriptions , by applying this you will be gona on safe side .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back