Movie Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilocox

I am looking for a server to host my movies with a capacity above 6TB of HD and that can handle a high traffic of 1.5k simultaneously.

8 comments
You want to rent a server or you're looking to host your files at video hosting site? What's your budget if you want to rent a server?

Okay so first of all you need 1Gbps symetric uplink on that server. My another question is about HDD you want to have 6TB usable space, but what about files security? any raid? if yes i would recommend raid5 (if one of hdd dies data can be fully restored because disks are connected in array). Estimated price for this configuration will be around 90-120$ at huge datacenters like OVH or Hetzner however you will not be DMCA Ignored if you are looking for a server that is able to ignore dmca reports this price will be higher and up to 300$ /mo

Possible to use multiple 2TB Servers aswell? Then i could make a deal for dedicated servers.
also then you have multiple 1Gbit uplinks aswell

you can't do anything with 1 single server for 1500 online at the same time. One 1gbs connection can handle at max 160 people without buffering. And if you have 1500 on google anayltics at the same time that's another problem cuz one movie can have 2 hours and users go idle if they don't move.

https://www.scaleway.com/en/dedibox/start/start-2-s-sata/ 16 of these should be enough - 160$ per month for 1500 at the same time without buffering and for future traffic update. Is no worth to stream your own videos, you ll have to handle dmca, suspensions and other things by yourself. just use a freehost like streamtape and set ads on 0, with one popup i think its ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back