Money got reveresed after givving the buyer the details of the item

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarSeeR

Hello members,

Recently i sold my website for the price of $400 to a member of wj;
He told me to make 4 invoces of $100.
And he paid them and i gave him all the information of website ( database,domain&etc... ) .
After that all of $400 went to hold possition and the buyer told me he'll call paypal to solve it and said to me that, the money will be released after 24hours.
So i waited, and nothing! he said he's gonna call again and again...

After 13 days the whole money got reveresed!

I lost my website and he also got the whole website.

I emailed paypal and they just coppied the term of services and some excuses...

I want to know what should i do know ? How can i get my money back?
Have you guys had such issue before?

Thanks you

14 comments
Sorry to hear about your misfortune mate. Maybe you should contact a member of staff with the details of the member and see if they can help you in some way. Other than that I dont know what to suggest, apart from be more careful and check out who you deal with in the future.

My question is, why should paypal with all its security do such thing ?

How can it be possible paypal reverese the money to buyer without asking me anything! dont they think what if buyer got the item and want to rob the money too...

They have no one in wjunction and i dont know what to do!

Probably due to the fact that Digital Products are not covered by their TOS. Anyone can say that they have not recieved it. Its different with a physical product because it would actually be delivered to your door, if you know what I mean?

If he would made a dispute, you would have received a notification of dispute and Paypal would have asked you about the dispute. Even if he escalated the dispute to a claim, then Paypal would deny his claim because Digital purchases are not covered.

Perhaps his Paypal had a negative balance or he used a stolen CC. Perhaps he asked you to pay you the amounts in 4 separate payments to avoid detection or he could have used different creditcards for each transaction.

Please PM me the name of the member in question.

It was not a dispute, paypal asked me for shipping proofs and i gave them the proof that i gave him the details. and the buyer also told me that he's gonna call paypal...

By the way, is there anything that i should do ?

Who reversed the transaction? PayPal or the Buyer? Either way, take it up again with PayPal demanding the reason for the reversal. Also, has the money been transfered back to the buyer? If not, then you still have a hope that PayPal are just checking the legitimacy of the transaction.

Paypal reveresed the money! And the money is refunded to bueyr's account.

If it was a stolen CC or his balance was negative, is it my problem ? from where i should know these things! i sold and got the payment, its paypal who reveresed the money, paypal is responsible for it, i want to know how can i proof it to paypal itself!

They just copy the TOS instead of answering my emails!

Doesnt sound too good. Have you still got your site log-in details or has he already changed them? If not, get there asap and change the logins.

I emailed Namecheap for getting back the domain using all roofs from paypal/Registeration company that i was using/MSN chats/Emails... I am seeing some hope! Wish me luck btw :D:(

sorry to hear of your troubles, this kind of thing seems to happen quite a bit here, you should post the username of the person that scammed you so others can be aware to avoid this person in any future deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back