Status
Not open for further replies.
Really nice website (y). Maybe have a feature allowing people to upload to their own file host accounts? That'll definitely encourage usage IMO.

Multiple requests just emphasises the support so I dont mind. The order of buisness tomorrow will be large file uploads. Within a few days I plan to have support for registration and uploading to own accounts.

Also thanks to CyberAff, I can proudly show off a speed test:
epquyn.png

The first of many I am sure, and an area of improvement for us to reach 40mbit.

Looks awesome <3, nice work SplitIce. Looking forward to seeing new updates.

You should get a twitter acc. where you can tweet your updates regularly so that everyone can keep track of what's going on. Or even a blog (blog.mirrors.im) where you can post detailed updates, and make it auto-tweet to your twitter acc. to keep things attached. ;)

I also bet the user account uploading service would be epic, that would trigger the uploaders to use the service big time, maybe an inter-site search as well, which would search through the links produced by mirrors.im and also a firefox add-on to go with that. Also a desktop tool where users can right click upload files (for remote desktop users). These are just a few suggestions I thought of in seconds, hope it helps.

Yeah a blog sound like a good idea :)

and @SLiM, It was more of a general remark to everyone, and just said it cause the way you structured your reply was a question, meaning that you hadn't read the previous replies, so yeah, no harm intended :)

Rapidshare with collectors account does have a 200mb limit i beleive. Im not sure about the others, as I said ill look into changing it.

Im writing some crafty ajax stuff to de-mask the links in a safe way so they are safe from crawlers but still look right for users.

Most of the sites allows 1GB size now except RS and NL .It will great if host to be uploaded will be automatically slected depending the size of file
[via rapidleech]

But the idea is cool buddy .U got a very good list of filehost also

And i dont think sharedzilla still exists ??

Good luck mate

Differences?
1. Number of filehosts, and the quality we use rapidshare (cant be disabled), mediafire (not enabled atm due to ip ban problem). The filehosts we use are ones that downloaders love, rather than money earners like reupload.it
2. Virus Scan feature - Not ready yet, will be ready when we setup the new server
3. Speed, we want to provide a minumum 40mbit connection to all uploaders.
4. Traffic share:
4.a) Users who can vist the downloads pages where you post these links
4.b) When links go dead we send users to similar download pages with mirrors.im links which sends them to your post

Hi.. I accidentaly saw this topic and mention about reupload.it... Well, will be better if you will not say anything bad about us, if not sure. And please, stop play cunning saying about your sincere motivation: your way is to fill all pages with annoying ads and upload small files (less than 200mb) on your accounts on "money earning" sites. At same time we don't have any ads on any page: whether upload or links page. Also, as you may not know, we don't earn on downloads from "money earners" file sharing sites, because we provide uploads on webmaster's accounts! And only problem, why we still haven't added new sites - is a huge traffic - more than 1TB every day. Yes, you don't understand, how can we work at a loss?! But we work!
Good luck with your service...... You'll need it.

Hi.. I accidentaly saw this topic and mention about reupload.it... Well, will be better if you will not say anything bad about us, if not sure. And please, stop play cunning saying about your sincere motivation: your way is to fill all pages with annoying ads and upload small files (less than 200mb)
The 200mb limit is being lifted today, editing the config files now and some minor changes here and there as far as validation goes and it will be ready.

on your accounts on "money earning" sites. At same time we don't have any ads on any page: whether upload or links page. Also, as you may not know, we don't earn on downloads from "money earners" file sharing sites, because we provide uploads on webmaster's accounts!
I just made comment on the file hosts available, although your site is down now so I am unable to make comment on them but I remember it was hotfile, fileserve and some other pay uploader hosts which is against my mentality. Im sorry howeaver that I didnt know that uploaders could use their own accounts with your service, It wasnt evident to me from a quick look at your url after it was pointed out by a wj'er, I had never used your site before.
You may may comment that I should drop the pure motives, but it is true, I dont plan to make money off filehosts. Probably why I am open to letting uploaders use their own account once a users system is implimented.

And only problem, why we still haven't added new sites - is a huge traffic - more than 1TB every day..
1TB a day is just a start, I probably should mention that in our first day of operation + a couple in private beta: we received 807 uploads for 11,208 mirrors. Im well setup to cope with expansion and have a second server at 100tb in mind for an upgrade.

Yes, you don't understand, how can we work at a loss?! But we work!
Good luck with your service...... You'll need it.
If you want to work at a loss go ahead, google adsense never hurt no one and can help provide a better experience than a site without it.

Anyway alas good luck with your site, no hurt was ment by this or the previous comment but I think it would be wise for you to reside in your own thread.

"Large File uploads" - DONE.
Max upload size is now 500MB or the maximum size of the hosts selected (whichever is smaller)

Im working on storing the hosts selections between page loads now.

There was a slight problem with the large file upload patch and json syntax that was interfering with the rapidleech plugin. Fixed now.

WOW once again splitice something awesome if i ever upload (im lazy :unsure: ) i will most definitely use mirrors.im :)

@Splitice can you ask your coder to make some changes to the rapidleech plugin, so that uploaders can select the filehosts of there choice?

I mean like 0 and 1 to disable/enable a filehost while uploading? Is it not a good idea? :)

Just a FYI by default it uploads to all hosts, which is what we consider preferable. Should be approximately an hour for me to make required modifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back