Migrating from Joomla to Wordpress - ERRORS in google webmasters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chugi

I migrated from Joomla to WP and now there are many errors in my website's google webmater's account.

how can i fix that issue? i fear it will hurt my SEO efforts. is there a way to tell google to delete everything it knows and re-index the whole thing?

thanks.

11 comments
You could set redirects in htaccess, so users won't get 404 pages (and google won't report it as 404 error).

Delete old sitemap, generate new and submit it. It's not smart to change your script unless you know how to avoid those google errors you talk about.

You could set redirects in htaccess, so users won't get 404 pages (and google won't report it as 404 error).

Delete old sitemap, generate new and submit it. It's not smart to change your script unless you know how to avoid those google errors you talk about.

best solution to do so just do a 301 redirect and the problem will be solved

ok i used the plugin alex gave me (thanks bruh) and waiting now for google to erase those false records.

any idea how long it takes?

it still doesnt work...

i have edited all the urls and still google sees them as a 404 (Not found) although in the wp addon i made all these urls to redirect to the homepage...

how can i fix this problem?

i checked.

i created the redirect and the date google says it checked it - is after i did the redirect.

so obviously something isnt working here.

the redirects themselves work. google just doesnt remove the erroneous entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back