Status
Not open for further replies.

Djlatino

Wondering which of the 2 turn out to have the best quality with the most reduced size! I'm not asking which one you're more familiar with, please keep that in mind.

14 comments
Staxrip..

crf 28, gets you awesome quality.

i have a i7 and 4gb ddr3 ram and good quality hard disk, with cuda supported graphic card,

i encode a hd1080i 20mbps video to 624x352 res at around 120-140fps with crf28 in staxrip while in megui using the same codec(h.264), i get 90fps only.

and also i find staxrip settings easier to adjust

Staxrip..

crf 28, gets you awesome quality.

i have a i7 and 4gb ddr3 ram and good quality hard disk, with cuda supported graphic card,

i encode a hd1080i 20mbps video to 624x352 res at around 120-140fps with crf28 in staxrip while in megui using the same codec(h.264), i get 90fps only.

and also i find staxrip settings easier to adjust
Can it compress like handbrake and MeGUI?

Can it compress like handbrake and MeGUI?

crf=constant rate factor. it gives bitrate when needed.

its way better than 2pass encode because in 2pass encode,the size is fixed and every scene will get around 'x' kbps +/-, but in crf you get faster encodes as well as proper file size

eg:1 football match that i encode comes to around 700mb..to get similiar quality in megui, i give bitrate arond 1200kb/s and 2 pass.so it takes 2.5x time and cheaper quality

Any of those programs will encode in the exact same quality as its using same codec - x264. Quality of the end result encode depends ONLY on encoding codec settings, not on the program you will use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back