Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudShadow

So i was thinking about getting a mediafire premium account to upload 1GB games, but i had a little doubt. From what i have heard, mediafire gives each premium user a specific amount of bandwidth, and if people download your files your bandwidth decreases. When the bandwidth is finished, you MF premium account automatically turns into a free account.

so... is this true? if it is, is there any way to turn the bandwidth consumption off?

14 comments
@Lazorr - because it doesn't pay you? LOL.

No. There's no other way to turn off the bandwidth consumption. You'll go broke if you buy a MF account. I suggest you stick to 200mb per file. I once had an MF premium account but decided it was not worth it. In a matter of minutes, your bandwidth will be zero. I think this would be good for VIPs. (if you have a forum or w/e)

I only use mediafire when uploading a .mp3 or small .rar file for a friend, no use really for it.. When if you think you can upload 1GB at Fileserve & Filesonic or 2GB at Megaupload which are better for warez

Might want to email them about this. Maybe they'll introduce a switch to toggle this kind of bandwidth consumption.

The only thing you can turn off, at the moment, is bandwidth being consumed if you download a file from a non-mediapro user via direct download. But besides that, if you upload any file(s) and people download them (media-pro and/or free) it'll take that quota out of your 200gigs. That'd effectively give you less than a day of premium depending on how popular your file(s) are.

What I'm not sure of, however, is if your premium account turns to free if your bandwidth runs out. That sounds quite illogical to me. That should not happen, because besides the direct download/bandwidth package, there's quite a few features of a media pro account that free accounts don't have. The best one, perhaps, being the remote upload capability.

YES but in the end everyone is happy cause
mediafire is totally free and u can generate ur links and let ur download manager handle it so downloader is happy
and uploader gets unlimited space and b/w+ files doesnt die (no time limit on last download)
they will only die if they get reported
;)

what do you really need a MF premium for anyway
They dont limit free users as bad as MU HF FS etc
i put a bunch of mf links in jdownloader and i dont even have to wait between downloads granted i cant download multiples at a time but if i dont have to wait in between downloads who cares

Might want to email them about this. Maybe they'll introduce a switch to toggle this kind of bandwidth consumption.

The only thing you can turn off, at the moment, is bandwidth being consumed if you download a file from a non-mediapro user via direct download. But besides that, if you upload any file(s) and people download them (media-pro and/or free) it'll take that quota out of your 200gigs. That'd effectively give you less than a day of premium depending on how popular your file(s) are.

What I'm not sure of, however, is if your premium account turns to free if your bandwidth runs out. That sounds quite illogical to me. That should not happen, because besides the direct download/bandwidth package, there's quite a few features of a media pro account that free accounts don't have. The best one, perhaps, being the remote upload capability.

My mediafire account has generated 106+ TB of bandwidth in the past few months so i doubt that my account will last more than a day. :p

So i guess its kinda pointless to get a premium account

I think it is.. but you can use other servers ( and you do not have to sign up to be paid ) and still have more bandwidth. Fileserve lets you do that for one. Mediafire is good for small files and that is about it.

Don't buy MF premium. Its useless for us MF uploaders as the BW will surely run out fast. Though ur other premium options such as remote uploading etc will remain etc, nobody will be able to download ur files that are bigger than 200mb except for other premium MF users which is quite pointless if you ask me.
Stick with the free MF account, its the only option unless and until they introduce something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back