Status
Not open for further replies.

HostImage.ca

This thread is was created with the intend of receiving genuine and ethical ideas.

Recently, I have been working with the WebVisitor.org team to create for them an actual traffic generator. Previously, they only had a traffic exchange system, so obviously this implementation made a drastic change.

In short, it involves the manipulation of many hundred web proxies and used them to create unique visits for their websites in the system, trackable by Google Analytics.

Targeting the most popular web based proxy softwares, this allows us to use near unlimited resources at no costs.
Sure, proxy websites go offline, though just as many are still coming online, especially within recent times.

PHPProxy Manipulatable
Glype Manipulatable
PHPMyProxy Usable

Likely many others to add to the list, since some developers lack originality.

So, with access to a list of thousands of proxy websites which are collected by other websites who exist for that sole purpose, becomes available a vast amount of usable resource.

My inquiry now is that with plenty of proxies setup within the database and ready for use -- what could they be used for?

Alexa Traffic Rank Boosting - You could generate a few unique Alexa toolbar ID's, and attach those into the proxies while generating traffic. There is a experiment done with this method available online. This has potential -- but is that ranking really worthwhile?

DDOS - Before it gets mentioned. This would not be a suitable action or purpose.

Surfing Really Anonymously - I am kidding. Really, is that all they can be used for?

Surely you guys may have some practical ideas for what thousands of proxies could be doing.

2 comments
traffic generation is the best use.

1>traffic generation with referer url can be used to increase serp . because google tracks every click and keyword, and use the data for ranking, having keyword google url as referal can increase the ranking posiion for any keyword.(blackhat)

2>cpc/cpm money making. (immoral).

3> creating a free/paid software like hideip.

i cant think currently about any other ideas.

Does anyone know if it possible to use a referral through Glype & PHPProxy?
Their URLs have '&f=norefer'

Can that be changed to 'fake' a referral?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back