Status
Not open for further replies.

bachbell

i was planning to add a mini lyrics site to my main website but i wanna know if there exist a php script to build a lyric site but without use mysql you know i dont wanna overload my site

10 comments
You can very easily write a lyrics engine with a MySQL site, with low load. You could also use flatfile storage, just store the lyrics in a .txt file on the server.

The flat file having a separate name for each file is the way you should go. Just match the lyrics name with the music file name and add .txt (or whatever you want to call it).

with out Database,
if you display content with HTML it effects performance of your site (which will impact your SEO Score, remember Google is considering load times). So, after you write/post like 10 lyrics it almost ruins your siite.

Better make a DataBase via PhpMyAdmin (GUI) make a Table with 2 columns probably
ID, Lyrics.
Insert every lyrics in to 'Lyrics' column and ID will be Auto Increment.
To display just fetch the data.

all you need to know are 5 quires

- Create table
- Create columns
- Insert Query
- Select query

that's all, your script is ready!!

with out Database,
if you display content with HTML it effects performance of your site (which will impact your SEO Score, remember Google is considering load times). So, after you write/post like 10 lyrics it almost ruins your siite.

Better make a DataBase via PhpMyAdmin (GUI) make a Table with 2 columns probably
ID, Lyrics.
Insert every lyrics in to 'Lyrics' column and ID will be Auto Increment.
To display just fetch the data.

all you need to know are 5 quires

- Create table
- Create columns
- Insert Query
- Select query

that's all, your script is ready!!

i was checking some lyrics sites and i found this http://www.darklyrics.com/

site seems to be in pure html and have nice rank .. but im not sure what you think?
btw thanks all for his replies

Last edited:
That site is nice. I thought you wanted to know an easy way. You want a free software script that does what that site does without mysql.

Sorry but I have not found any.

Honestly, you're better off learning MySQL queries and a little bit of PHP. The structure alone for your system would be a huge undertaking. Modifying the files that store the lyrics add a layer of complexity that simply doesn't have to exist.

A database is far more appealing because it's easier to add, edit, and delete data in such a complex system. It also allows for painless enumeration for listing lyrics and bands. It also affords you the opportunity to add greater functionality like edit notes, ratings, and any other features you may decide to later add.

If you're worried about ease, don't. If your site is a success and you have a lot of lyrics, you'll be kicking yourself when you have to migrate to a database server instead of a flat file system.

This is one of those instances where a bit more work now will save you a metric fuck ton of work in the end.

The site you showed was a screen with pics for songs and click them to popup the lyrics. Simple html can be used to do that. No need for php or mysql.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back