Looking for URL encryption solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakers24kobe

Hello Wjunction,

I'm running a tv show website and the videos hosting by Openload, raptu, TheVideo and vidlox.tv.
Recently, thousands of videos deleted due to DMCA reports.
So I found Stream Defence on Wjunction a few days ago but I think it's not good enough since they don't have API and there are some issues.

I used Videomega.tv for a long time before it disappeared, they had a very good system for protecting the videos' URLs.
Instead of the iframe code, they used these code:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="domain/validatehash.php?hashkey=071071070068056078085053053055055053053085078056068070071071"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="domain/validateemb.php?width=800&height=500"></script>
They put the real URL in one of these javascript files so the bots can't find the real URL to report and it's not easy to collect the real URLs manually.

Is there any service like this? or anyone knows how it works? I might try to make one.

6 comments
netu.tv is using such solution for their protected embed codes. same as videomega.tv

OMG, what a good hosting!! They provide so many ways to protect links.
It would be awesome if they make it an independent service so we can use it to protect the links from other hostings.

I use kprotector. Maybe it's not the best solution, but it works for me.

It might cause the similar issue since they do remove links due to DMCA reports.

Hey lakers24kobe,

this is an awesome question.

Many big sites protect the links by using base64 encode, you can see that in some sites the links are something like:

Code:
domain.com/goto.php&u=SGVsbG8hIFdoeSBzbyBjdXJpb3VzPw0KDQpXYXRjaCBhIG1vdmllIG9uIHB1dGxvY2tlcnRpbWUuY28gYW5kIHJlbGF4IDop

How it works is very simple:

1) The page goto.php use $_GET and get the base64 string from url.

2) The base64_encode function convert the base64 string to the url.

3) A redirect function redirect to the original link.

In fact seems that this kind of protection works for bots, but you can't escape from human verification because anyone can follow the redirect of your encoded link and find the original link. Also we suspect that some DMCA bots are able to bypass the base64 protection.

Also consider that if someone copy your link from your website and paste it to another website, certainly will do this by coping the original URL so the DMCA bots will detect your link on another site.

Base64 manual: PHP: base64_encode - Manual

Online Base64 encode: https://www.base64encode.org/

Online Base64 decode : https://www.base64decode.org/

Videomega protection:

We remember the videomega protection, but was something different. Please consider this:

Original url: domain.com/original-url
Shared url: domain.com/validatehash.php?hashkey=07107107006805607808505305305505505305308507805606807007107
Embed script: domain.com/validateemb.php?width=800&height=500

The validatehash.php file had a custom made decode/encode script ( something like base64 ), so first of all only the videomega team could decrypt the hashkey parameter. Also, the embed link visited directly gave 404 error and worked only on the page with validateemb.php.

At the end bots and humans could never find the original link of the file, so was impossible send a DMCA request because the only avaiable link returned always 404 error.

On our site you can see a protection similar to base64 but if you will try to encrypt it you will loose your time. ( of course, each protection has a limit or a bug ).

)

Regards,
p.team

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back