Status
Not open for further replies.
12 comments
AM looking for two administrators who can submite and moderate posts
if anyone interested come to www.smartlinkz.com
www.warezfan.com
so if u think you can do this come and contact wolverine there
thanx

Why would you look for an admin to moderate posts? Submit, I guess, but moderate? As an admin I am more concerned with installing and modifying skins and mods, making sure the plugin's function and are configured properly. Setting up forums and other area's, make sure the mods and other staff are doing their jobs and not just abusing their authority. Hell making sure the site itself runs properly and productively should be the admin's chief concern, not moderating posts. Isn't that why sites have mod's in the first place?

There is no substitute for longevity to accurately gauge someone’s interest in the forum. Ideally, a member should be an active participant in the community for at least six months before becoming a admin. Longtime members have proven their interest in the website and will start from Day One with a keen understanding of the site’s culture, the other members, and any e-drama surrounding the forum. If a admin needs to first be “brought up to speed” with the way things are done, he will be highly ineffective and may even make decisions that are inconsistent with how you want things done. I don't think I would ever "hire" an admin who actually sought the job, most who want it have no idea what it entails. I have on numerous occasions given members of my forums opportunities to become mod's when they asked for the job and 9 times out of 10 it went horrible wrong.

Members that take the forum too seriously will also tend to take their role as a mod too seriously. You have probably encountered overly-serious mods at one time or another and you know what a buzz kill they can be. Serious mods tend to go "Gestapo" (see below) and strictly enforce rules and ban any poster who “threatens harmony on the site” (which to them, often means disagreeing with them). Serious mods kill a site faster than even trolls and spammers can and will drive away members in droves. Ideal mods do just enough to keep the forum running smoothly without taking the site (or themselves) too seriously. This is one reason I never tap a member as a mod who has asked to be a mod. Likewise, I would be twice as careful about "hiring" an admin I didn't have any experience dealing with and have first hand knowledge of how they run a site.

GESTAPO
gestapo.gif

• ALIASES: Nazi, Dictator, Jailer, Old Iron Fist, Rules Parrot
  • ALLIES: Henchman, Cheerleader​
  • ENEMIES: Free-thinking posters everywhere.​
  • HABITAT: Most forums have at least one Gestapo, unfortunately.​
  • MATING CALL: “That post is in violation of Rule 14.7-C (as amended)!”​
  • REAL LIFE TRIVIA: Was fired last week from Pizza Hut for insubordination.​

Why don't you promote one of your longstanding mods/s-mods from your site to the position? As an admin it annoys me to have to do a mod's job, I usually have my hands full with the work I outlined. Your s-mods should have a reasonable understanding of how the cp works, question is are you willing to take the time to teach them how to work the admin cp and what to and never to do, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back