Status
Not open for further replies.

litewarez

Well looking for some advice on a design i purchased! i want to know if it looks open source and user friendly!

[slide]http://www.imgcentre.com/img/uploads/big/31956c3486.png[/slide]

This is just from page of the design thats built up into the LitePHP Framework

What i want to know is do you think the design will be user friendly and professional for the open source / professional market?

Note: The background will be changed along with other aspects of the color scheme! but general block layout etc.

Let me know thanks guys!

36 comments
Seems nice enough
edit:
could anyone explain what a framework does...
I dont get the point.. Should it make programming easier/faster/secure/...
Or is it just 'kewl' :p

Exactyl Rob!

What the framework does is provide all the necessary ingredients to build a site such as session,security,template system, libraries etc

if you imagine when your making your site the amount of work you have to do to set up mysql database etc

with the framework you can just write

$this->query('..Some Query...');

and that will automatically load all the database stuff connections etc and run your query!

saves you LOADS of work!

Well personally I think it will be all about the framework, hooks and how easy the whole thing will be to use.

If you think of VB, phpbb or IPB as an example the default skin it's pretty poor in all cases and is one of the first things a webmaster changes. As long as it's relatively easy to modify or add new templates then I think you'll be ok.

I think the admin area and and how user friendly it is, is even more important. This is an area which is never changed. One of the reasons why Wordpress is so popular is because of Jason Santa Maria design of the admin area. It's extremely easy to use, well laid out and it used by thousands of webmasters every day, most of which are noobs. They can easily follow basic instructions and add themes, hooks and other things.

I'd love to see a few screenshots of the admin area as most people will end up modifying the front a bit anyway to their needs and tastes.

Having said all that the above screenshot looks great, it's just not the main thing that would concern me if I were purchasing a script.

PM me your MSN. I'd love to have a look and offer more suggestions.

Thanks for that input Mr happy but you have the wrong end of the stick hehe

The design i posted is for the homepage of the framework i.e http://litephp.com/

The framework itself will not come with admin etc this is purly the foundations to build websites from scratch!

altho i may be building a system manger than you will be able to login into and control your code that you have built!

such as file edit! config editor etc! thus removing the need for ftp and file editors!

Unlike ANY Other framework LitePHP allows you to create multiple applications so for instance image having the several apps created

SystemManger
Adminstration
Blog
Forum

All 4 applications will have there own php load file so in a folder called admin you will have a file called index that will load the admin application!

and so forth!

the reason its like this is so users and programmers can share / sell applications like forums blogs etc that you can add to another page of your site!

ah right lol. wow ya totally mis understood.

Ya in that case it's perfect for support, sales, suggestions and even downloading the script. Wouldn't mind playing around with it when it's done. I've a few projects that it could be used for.

Its looks good in the sense of the layout, although I dont like the background image.

and @ mr happy search wj there is a thread with the link to download, it might not be the lastest but its something

Looks great, the only thing stopping it from being professional is the black background. But if you change it to maybe a white/grey with some nice vector design or something, it will look amazing. Other then that, I love the simple look and layout.

But it might help to put some icons/logo's or pictures in it.

Either way, as for php sites are concerned, it's great.

yup your right! i ddi say in the post ill be changing the background!

cant do much design atm because my computer is messed!

thanks for input tho!

wow i have to say , this is amazing guys :D, msn lite for beta ya ,you have to see/test it, spent some time with lite(MSN) and he showed so many things that are well though of like the sql inject security , etc . so many useful things for this. its is so simple and easy to understand :D. Got to say lite this will be the best of best secure , wonderful script i've seen man. can't wait for full release xD . w00t for lite :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back