2q1ay3d.png

56 comments
@Ciwan
have updated the mod so that it can report the posts
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/279386431/LinkBotv2.1_IPB3_nihalz.zip

@Scotty
what error do you get exactly?
as far as how to run it, it depends on the forum...i have tested it with roughly 12000+ links from my test forum and it ran fine...best way is to experiment with it..schedule it to run when you would expect the least number of members on your board...try it out with 1 or 2 forums, then keep on increasing

Warning: getdate() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given in /home/pirates1/public_html/admin/applications/forums/modules_public/forums/topics.php on line 689

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pirates1/public_html/admin/applications/forums/modules_public/forums/topics.php:689) in /home/pirates1/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 92

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pirates1/public_html/admin/applications/forums/modules_public/forums/topics.php:689) in /home/pirates1/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 95

showing date as
12:24 AM [Scotty] dead link(s) found 2009 years ago

line 689

$date = getdate($botmsg[0]);
$current = getdate();
$display = array('year', 'month', 'day', 'hour', 'minute', 'second');
$p = array('year', 'mon', 'mday', 'hours', 'minutes', 'seconds');
$factor = array(0, 12, 30, 24, 60, 60);

I gave this to a friend who installed it, she says it is missing a lot of dead links. Anyone else getting this? I am always dubious as to how well these bots actually work.

In the instructions there is a note saying:

The bot checks RS links from a post in a single batch. From my testing, I have concluded that if you have more than 140 RS links in a single post, Rapidshare's servers will reject the request and the links won't be checked.

This could perhaps be it !!

I still have not installed mine by the way :( I have a question:

If someone has already reported a post for having dead links .. will the bot report it again ? or is there a built in system in IPB3 to reject 2 reports for 1 topic ? Because it would be very silly to have 2 reports for the same topic !

Thanks

@Ciwan
yes the bot will report regardless if the post has been reported before or not

@DEViANCE
can you check what the log manager has to say?

I had a look at your source code real nice; would like to suggest one thing though, that mysql connection may time out, you will need to check if it has?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back