Status
Not open for further replies.

ibby

Banned
Banned
Please limit new users where they can post (probation?)

their has been tons of spam lately and since they can basically post where ever the fuck they want, the will.

it get annoying especially when a mod is not online.

32 comments
+1 for this one. Better if they can only post on certain sections. And make sure they're not spam. And when they reached a certain number of posts, they can post anywhere eventually.

Well, they could just do an intro thread, then they can post elsewhere ( after their group has changed ).

Atleast it will cut alot of shit out and make everyones life easier.

yesterday, this fucker was spamming when no mod online
8845e71928.png

e038f7b358.png

This is the only occasion I've seen not dealt with within an hour, so it's not that big of an issue. If it happens again and again, sure, but after one occasion, no.

yeah, its pretty rare imo that this sort of thing happens without a mod taking immediate action. Having post requirements for new users just encourages people to make shitty posts to reach that limit.

Blocking new members from posting or from some categories will cause more shit as to reach that post count or to that level of posting they will post all shit of things which will later on become an pain for mods .

But yes we can do like after posting an intro in introduction section they can authorize to post .

I totally disagree with this. WJunction has thousands of new members most of which are good, well behaved and legit.
By introducing new rules on new members you punish them at a crucial time when you want them to feel welcome and part of the community as you want them to stay and be active now that they have gone to the effort of registering. You can't punish everyone for just a small few who cause a problem. It's not fair.
The system is fine. I've being a member for years and I've active for large parts of every day and I don't think the problem is getting worse or any more serious where serious action needs to be taken.

They can post anywhere, except the secret sections and the marketplace.

Otherwise, I apologize on behalf of all that this problem was not solved within a few minutes as expected. :|

As a new member here I have no Problems with being restricted to certain areas, until I satisfy admin/mods that I am here to be an active member, and not a spammer, there are loads of boards out there that do just that so why not here.

the captcha thing every post is a bit of a pain (my eyesight is not as good as it was) but hey I will live with it, it's the boards rules.

I would say 90% of new members would have no problems with being restricted from certain areas for a while

thanks keo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back