Lets make a summary after all this events with the fileshosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomislav2634

1. Definetly, Web hosting in USA together with whole infrastructure for data storage will be out of business, atleast for a while. Out of this 10 host now and who knows how many in the future shut down its services with xy Tb files that were deleted. The companies that deals with Web hosting and storages can start fireing people. I doubt that in the future US servers will be attractive.

2. The industry behind hardware like HDD disk manufacturers, media centres, and HW components will see a big drop in sales. There is no need anymore for HTPC, media centres and other stuff...

3. Definately, SW industry will be hit hard since there will be no more free media for play...

4. I doubt that the original DVD and CD will sky-high since who normal spend 50$ on the DVD with movie on it...

5. Forums, blog pages and web pages soon will be closed since there is no more content for them. To mention, atleast You had to pay 50-100$ for some low demanded web hosting...

This is just a couple of thaughts in my head. Please, add yours...

ALl in all, will the damdge to the US be higher in IT infrastructure and whole IT industry than the damadge to the Movie studios and record comapies?

Last edited:
11 comments
We've seen filesharing changes and evolves for the last, what, 10 years at least, with biggest (or at least most obvious) change being paid for upload. Music, movie, software industry hates filesharing cause they loose profits, but they hate more when someone else gain profit on their loss, and that's what all this fuss is actually about.

In a nutshell, for those of us who like to see a movie for free every now and then, not much will change. We'll find a way (torrents being one of them), but for those who earned paychecks via filesharing - well, they ought to find a new job.

First of all I think that if any new file hosting site comes into play post this MegaUpload & aftermath offshore servers will see a hype in their sales.

Second the only to free download (for US) at least will be P2P, or FTP or Usenet. Cause no filehosters will be willing to operate in US.

Third if FED's clear out their status regarding file hosting business then I think some more countries will follow their steps in near future...

Again, if you're downloader, torrents are (obviously) way to go for now, although I think there will be other filesharing services in near future.

On the other hand, if you're uploader, and your intentions are not purely altruistic, but you do it for the money - then probably s**it has hit the fan. Although some of the servers will continue to sell memberships for faster/not time limited access, majority of the uploaders will quit doing what they was doing (not to mention that most of the filesharing services will be much more responsive in deleting files that break copyright in any sense imaginable).

First of all I think that if any new file hosting site comes into play post this MegaUpload & aftermath offshore servers will see a hype in their sales.

Maybe, but only if supply supports the demand: less uploaders - less files - less memberships sold. Basic economy. :P

Last edited:
Let me enter in this game:

The provider of domestic internet will fail, who wants internet of 10-15 mbps only to see the news, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back