Status
Not open for further replies.

wmaniac

hi friends , i decided to learn coding im totally new on this and i dont have any experience
so if anyone could be so kind to tell me with what language to start what do i need to know , and please if you can share any site that has useful information.

i want to be able to code sites , to write programs and after some years probably write any game etc

Thanks in advance

15 comments
Well there are different languages for websites and programs.

For websites you should learn HTML, CSS and possibly PHP and JAVASCRIPT
and for programs i would recommend C++ or Java.

As your new in the game you should focus on learning 1 thing at the time!

Good luck

lets say later when i got some good skills on programing and i want to earn money with what i learnt.
with what can i earn more webiste coding or application coding ?

Thats alot you want to know

It depends on what you know already to code sites you need to learn

html, css, php, javascript

Those are the easiest to code programs and stuff you need to know

C++ C#

But i dont really know them and apparently they are quite hard to learn

i was checking some guides on the web and most of them recommend to start of learning Python
what do you think guys

yea i think i'll start of with python , but what do you think guys can i earn more money while coding websites or applications ?

I think you get more for coding websites their is a higher demand for it than applications

But it depends on where you look and what you know you do understand your not going to be able to learn it all overnight right

yea i know that i cant learn it overnight and im planing to put much effort on learning it and probably later i can earn my living from it xD

Learn HTML/CSS for the starters. Once you get yourself comfortable in coding HTML/CSS web templates from scratch, then move on to learning PHP & Javascript.

You can make a fortune if know these languages and especially if you are talented, innovate & smart enough.

Remember, earning money doesn't require any skill. You require only a smart brain to earn !

i found this site
Code:
http://w3schools.com
seems to be great to learn html and css

can anyone suggest me any other site

Thats the best site wmaniac, also i recommend you to maximum take 2 new chapters a day and practise them or else you'll just forget what you learn

okay will do Laz0r .
thanks to all that replied , got some very useful information :)

if there is any additional info i should know please reply here

For beginning try to focus only to one development(web or desktop or mobile).

- If you decide to start learning web development then you should learn:
HTML-->CSS-->JavaScript-->PHP + MySQL(You can also learn C++/C# + ASP.NET but you don't need to learn them before you spend lets say a year in web development and decide to become pro or change your development or general interests. Also, it is recommended(not necessary) to learn Photoshop + some other GFX programs so you can build a beatiful super functional website without anyones help).

- If you decide to start learning desktop development then you should learn:
Algorithms(not necessary but reccommended)-->C or Pascal(again not necessary but recommended)-->C++ and Java-->C#(or maybe directly go to C#, I'm not 100% sure about this).

-I was never really interested in mobile development but from what I heard Java and C# should do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back