Laptop Help - Buy New One.

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A S T E R

Im ready 4 buy lap following spec i need .

i7 (4th gen)
8GB Ram
2GB - 4GB (dedicated)
HDD 1TB

ex:
Dell Inspiron 15 3537 (3000) Series
Dell Inspiron 15 3542
Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 (5000) Series
toshiba starlight l50A
Acer Aspire E1-572G 4th Generation Core i7
Acer AspireV5-573PG Full Touch

(budget $900 - $1000)

Please guys give some help

Pupose: (nfs 2, rival, gta new . watchdog) Gaming and all. ( not like alienware :P)
and office work

6 comments
Choose any model from Dell and if possible to increase your budget, go for SSD drive model instead of HDD. You can use external/portable HDD to store your contents!

I'm pretty happy with my old Acer Aspire from 2010, I don't use it that often but its held up nicely for the random times I've needed it.

Over the summer I went on a micro-vacation and I almost bought a newer Acer Aspire so that I could work remotely on it. I decided to save the thousand bucks and just use my old one. But I'd say its probably likely that in the next year when I find that I need a new laptop again that it is most likely that I will buy another Acer Aspire..

Good choice on Intel 4th gen (haswell) for the CPU. I have three separate systems in my home office which are based off the i7-4770k and even though Intel released the new i7 called Devil's Canyon a couple months back the 4th gen are still fast as hell and considerably cheaper (a 5% performance gain wasn't worth the upgrade price for the new Devil's Canyon).

The only problem though with Haswell (as well as its predecessor, Ivy Bridge) is the crap thermal grease on the CPU which results in higher temps (thus limiting their lifespan). So I highly recommend cracking open your new laptop and delidding it using either vice or razor methods which you can see here: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=how+to+delid The new Devil's Canyon i7 do not have this issue, but its with delidding being so incredibly easy its also not worth the increase in price ($5 price difference between the two for the CPU, but the new Z97 motherboards cost a ~$100 more)

I don't have any opinion on Toshiba, but DELL = HELL. DELL is the only computer/laptop/tablet company that I say to avoid at all costs (OK, I also say that about crApple too).

Also, Windows 8.1 > Windows 8. This is both for the user interface (they fixed a lot of their windows 8 fails) as well as hardware performance (windows 8.1 = most performance). It's likely the laptop your looking at is Windows 8.1, but you might wanna be sure of that as it'll save you some time with having to do the updates manually (fortunately windows 8.1 is free for windows 8 users)...

Take a look on HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j100se: Specifications

Processor: Core i7 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB) up to 3.4GHZ
RAM: 16 G
HDD: 1T
GPU:
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 740M 2GB DDR3 Dedicated up to 5 GB

get a second hand macbook , or buy a macbook air :D trust me this choice is some thing you never regret , i have macbook pro for 4 years right now ! never faulty never problem , apple just knight of technology ! never get old trust me ! i have Sony before good still working but not feel so good with trackpad! Dell just s**ks , accer & asus not an option of course i you want to just trough out your money or burn it you can buy them, personal experience Apple come first ! if not sony is last choice.others not even a choice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back