Just ordered host and IP is blocked by AV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker

I just ordered shared host from wrzhost and temporary cPanel address has been blocked by Kaspersky.

What should I do now, should I host site there or look for another host?

11 comments
TippiE has a user account here PM him. I think that is his or maybe not.

Your emails outbound will be blocked more then likely.

If you have DNS issues you are screwed.

Other AV or malware programs may not like it.

Not sure what you plan to put on it but I would not be 100% happy about it.

I still didn't updated DNS on the domain and I probably won't. I'm going to use site with cheats/hacks for games. Nothing special.

if it is a forum or anything that sends mail for notifications, etc it will be a problem as it is more then likely on several blacklists.

Why is your AV blocking it is the other question.

Is there something on the server or is it truly an IP blacklist for serving spam or malware?

I tried to access cPanel via ip address, there were no files or database, because it's new, just ordered host, and it was blocked.

I'm going to look for new hosting provider.

Happens all the time with mainstream web hosts even. Just ask for a new IP. This is hardly something to switch to a new or make a big deal over.

Sorry if I bumped a slightly older topic but I wanted to clear this up.

First of all I'm sorry for this problem.
Those antivirus programs use the spamhaus blocklist which has a huge database of spam ips and it's easy to get on but very hard to get of.
Also a whole range could be blocked when one ip is spamming.

We are constantly trying to keep all ips clean but sometimes it takes some more time.
Just open up a support ticket and my time will be glad to help you.

That sucks man, if they won't give you a new IP that is black listed and cannot or will not offer you a dedicated IP (or even move you to another server) then I don't know what to do man. I don't want to say this host is bad but if you plan on sending emails out you may want to look for another host or out source emails to another server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back