Status
Not open for further replies.

Language Master

Hello

I am thinking about creating a website for my City, It should contain a Social network / forum / article / Q-A services / Sell & buy ..... etc

Joomla has jomsocial for network while WP has busddy press, which is more powerful ?

what would you recommend for me?

Regards~

9 comments
BuddyPress is a lot easier to work with, but is much less flexible. If you're going to have a large community, my vote is for JomSocial. It's $99/mo.

Drupal can be a good choice also. its free, flexible, and you can make lots of uses if you are into it.

But between WP and Joomla, WP is the best for blogs but for your project, i suggest Joomla.

Cheers

If you have not made a decision yet, let me explain somethings that might be helpful :)

Joomla:
+ More Powerful
+ More Flexible
- Less easy to use

Wordpress:
+ Easy to use
- Less Flexibility

If you are a developer or even good in computer coding stuff like that, I would recommend Joomla otherwise go for Wordpress Buddy Press :)

Before you make a website you need a business model.

Nearly every city already has sites about that city. Usually done by businesses. Can you beat them?

Why would anyone use your site for Social Networking when they can just use FACEBOOK?

Do you have a marketing plan, a social media strategy, a profit model?

I use both Joomla and WordPress. I wouldn't attempt to use WordPress because it's not really designed as a CMS to manage large blocks of data. At the same time I'm not sure Joomla is the best choice either. There are a lot of CMS platforms to consider. But if you don't have a plan it won't matter.

The website is one of the last things you do. Build it first doesn't work.

Website

I'd go for joomla. Wordpress is great for blogging, but when it comes to web development, Joomla stays ahead. Atleast I feel that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back