JANUARY 18: Web Goes on Strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea not really that effective unless something huge goes down aswell. To be a guaranteed success Twitter, Facebook, Wikipedia and Google all have to go down. It would be so fucking epic.

i would like to see YouTube as well in this list!!

-Google
-Twitter
-Facebook
-YouTube
-Wikipidea
-Yahoo

i really wana see how world reacts with out Google!

The more people who sign up to this the more traffic the people who don't sign up will have as the same amount of people will still be online and they'll have to go someplace.

Wake up!

i don't care actually, it does not affect my country, it only affects US users.
Come on man, stop being ignorant, this effects the whole world, if this bill gets accepted we will be talking about a new internet generation, where what's on the internet must get approved by the govt.

Seriously, READ UP!

Come on man, stop being ignorant, this effects the whole world, if this bill gets accepted we will be talking about a new internet generation, where what's on the internet must get approved by the govt.

Seriously, READ UP!

well, c'mon if that bill was in some other country like India, no one would had eva cared about it except Indians, and now its happening in US, and people behave like they are putting restriction of whole internet across the world.

Its not like if SOPA gets approved, it would be approved in other countries too.

well, c'mon if that bill was in some other country like India, no one would had eva cared about it except Indians, and now its happening in US, and people behave like they are putting restriction of whole internet across the world.

Its not like if SOPA gets approved, it would be approved in other countries too.

You really need to read into SOPA a bit more. It effects the WHOLE internet and essentially gives corporations power to censor and cut off ANY website, including ones outside of the US.

Furthermore, it allows them to to prosecute anyone who tries to circumvent blocking measures.

Perhaps you shouldn't comment until you have all the facts.

I'm thinking of changing ALL images on eih with an anti-sopa banner the 18th.
So every image loaded will show the banner.

Haven't decided yet, will have to confirm with pi0tr3k.

At this time ( non-peak ) I'm talking about 17 anti-sopa-banners showed every second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back