Status
Not open for further replies.

ladykiller88

Hi uploader,
Could you please me know Zoom (File Image Uploader) give us faster upload speed than FTP upload or not?

I often upload via FTP but i see a lot uploaders using Zoom so i want to know about it :D

22 comments
Depends on the host. Sometimes FTP is faster for me but those hosts are dead now. I get better speeds with rapidshare, uploaded.to, turbobit and netload with Z-o-o-m.

Zoom is better due to the fact FTP doesnt give the links instantly
Connection will be same coz FTP method and Zoom Method but upload on same server in different ways using Multi Threading so ~ the same

the transfer speed is going to be almost identical, speed is dependant on the network, not the application.

so no, it is not faster, it just has more features.

Well it can be faster. Some FTPs has limitation for simultaniously connections, e.g. 4, 5... zoom doesnt have this. So you can upload more parts at the same time. Alltough the ftp servers are often different servers than the ones you load up to via web or zoom. So its not exactly the same.

Z-o-o-m.eu uses form upload but in a nice little app, it's very simple, and generally FTP is slower than form upload in my experiance.

It's up to filehost. Some filehost have fast ftp server, so ftp is faster for those filehost.

Zoom use form upload (web upload) method. In filehost that limit ftp speed and connection, Zoom is faster than ftp.

And it's up to your internet connection too.

It's up to file host only. If that file host have ftp upload speed better than web upload speed then zoom is slower and otherwise

Depends on your internet connection/upload speed. If your max upload speed is 1mbps you can't get 2mpbs, lol.

If the site has different upload speed limits for web and ftp then its up to you to check which works better for you.

Also to consider is the time it takes for the FTP uploaded file to get into your account.

Even if Zoom is slower than FTP, your file might be faster completely processed as with FTP upload. For some hosts is takes up to half an hour for the file to appear in your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back