Is this really possible to earn $ 30,000+ per month from self-ownded File-Host?

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 comments
Just got info. that XERVER is selling his site on flippa and they are claming that they were earning $ 30,000+ per month.
yes, if you can scam; i.e. setup a site with unbelievable affiliate program, get tons of n00b uploaders to work for you and scam them when the time comes to pay

the net profit claimed on flippa is pending affiliate payments

who in the right mind sells a website for 50k, if they are making 30k/month ? lol

Just got info. that XERVER is selling his site on flippa and they are claming that they were earning $ 30,000+ per month.
yes, if you can scam; i.e. setup a site with unbelievable affiliate program, get tons of n00b uploaders to work for you and scam them when the time comes to pay

the net profit claimed on flippa is pending affiliate payments

who in the right mind sells a website for 50k, if they are making 30k/month ? lol

Ok, but how to file-hosts owners earn?

I mean they can't earn if someone is downloading files from their servers i.e. PPD

from advertising + sales + shaving ppd / pps + huge delay time of payment = this is the secret , you need only 3-4k $ to start a nice filehosting ...

Give me a like :)

It is not so easy.

As Ankurs said, if the filehost was making $30K per month..no way in hell they would even think of selling it for $50K.

As for their earning, they were counting Google Adsense and I know for sure that their adsense account had got banned before their demise. Any host that depends on Google Adsense will never survive in the long run as Google Adsense will surely ban their account.

I have always wondered how Google Adsense accepts them in the first place?

I mean, isn't it plain obvious from looking at the site to ascertain what's it going to be/do?

Edit: Or are they (G's adsense) just looking the other way (for a time), seeing good traffic #s?

Could it be possible that they completed the sale and those assholes that were sending emails to us later were the ones who bought it?
I hope that they did not completed the sale, but at the end for the last couple of weeks it sure looked like they were trying to buy time.
Does flippa makes public it sales?

Well flippa is full of shit with these over hyped sites. Simply create a site. Buy traffic. Wait for few months for the traffic to go up. Sell the site saying that it is making tons of money. And there are noobs who always see those colorful revenue screen shots and fall for it.

Luckily I never used xerver again after I got my first payment from them. I left them because the upload speed sucked every now and then. Otherwise my money would have been gone. Poor xerver :P

^poor Xerver's uploaders.

I bet if Paypal allowed filehost to be integrated in payment system, many of webmasters/uploaders will create their personal filehost now without depend on those bloodsucker filehosts.

I have always wondered how Google Adsense accepts them in the first place?

I mean, isn't it plain obvious from looking at the site to ascertain what's it going to be/do?

Edit: Or are they (G's adsense) just looking the other way (for a time), seeing good traffic #s?

Actually - there are so many websites in Google Adsense that it is not easy for them to manage it so fast. Once they receive multiple DMCA notices or some complaint - they check it out and send the notice to the website owner. After that, they review the website and ban the website or ban the entire account.

Well, they managed to reply me within a day and recline me twice, though :P

I know it's apples and oranges, but still...

A few years back it would be possible, all megaupload employees are millionaires after all.

However, now there are way more filehosts and you have to compete a lot more on PPS and PPD rates. The flippa page probably doesn't mention a backlog in paying affiliates and it's possible a lot of sales were one time year plans which make the profit in the coming months a lot lower.

So, is earning 30k from a self owned filehost possible? Maybe, but probably not.

Wow, I didn't know that this asshole sold Xerver.

30K revenue a month for a file host is fucking terrible, I'd only expect such awful numbers from an XFileSharingPro based site.

I'm somewhat involved with payment processing for file hosts and I can tell you that any half-way decent file host (not running some piece of shit script like XFileSharingPro) that actually knows what they're doing can expect to see monthly revenue on the order of $300,000+.

But keep in mind that while $300,000+ sounds like a lot, there are a lot of infrastructure costs (these alone can be 10's of thousands of dollars a month) for storage and bandwidth.

Then if you run an affiliate program you chop that in half again, and then other expenses such as payment processing fees and the like. Costs do add up quick.

This is why I laugh at any File Host that offers anything more than ~60% PPS affiliate rates, because any PPS rates that exceed that generally are not sustainable for the file host to operate on.

profit is 14K/mo discounting uploader earnings.

sites such as uploaded.net are making 3.2 million per year and rapidgator 2.5 million. so it's possible that those small hosts make this amount of money each month.

Dont forget that server was used as a PPS host.

profit is 14K/mo discounting uploader earnings.

sites such as uploaded.net are making 3.2 million per year and rapidgator 2.5 million. so it's possible that those small hosts make this amount of money each month.

Dont forget that server was used as a PPS host.

The link in the original post quotes 17k gross with 6,917 profit (of which I can tell you for a fact the debt owed to WJunction affiliates FAR EXCEEDS that profit quote).

In other news ( I posted this in another xerver thread)....

I just noticed my Skype contacts list looked a little different, it appears that the username xerversupport on Skype was hacked, lol.

This wasn't my work, but whoever pulled this off, kudos to you!

TSHqtag.png

Shit - now I recognize the asshole. He is also one who ran the SCAM of paylink payment processing for some filehosts and then ran away with their money:

Code:
http://website.informer.com/Jarrod+De+Lange+International+Payment+Solutions+PTY+Limited.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back