is it possible to install linux OS on a windows dedicated server ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4rk

hi

i have a windows dedicated server

is there any possibility to install a linux on one of its Disks to run a script on it which requires a linux platform

is this possible ?

7 comments
Not sure if there is any virtualisation on Windows server.
On normal Windows, there is example VirtualBox which can be used to run Linux on WIndows. But server Windows (2008/2012..) is probably different?

What about buing a separate Linux VPS instead? Your Windows server might be set to share its disk space with Linux VPS.

Not sure if there is any virtualisation on Windows server.
On normal Windows, there is example VirtualBox which can be used to run Linux on WIndows. But server Windows (2008/2012..) is probably different?

What about buing a separate Linux VPS instead? Your Windows server might be set to share its disk space with Linux VPS.

but this will cost extra money :( :( :(

You can use cygwin to run the Linux script.

thanks a lot for your reply

and i can install "megabot.info" on it ?

i want to install an uploading bot

anyone else can help ?

Last edited:
@D4rk

Hope its not too late :P

Since you just want to run a bot their is not need to install separate os just use virtualbox it is supported
on all version of windows including server ones. This will allow you to create the virtual machine pretty simple
job just two or three click google ;) how to use virtualbox to install ubuntu or your linux distro.

Create a new virtual machine with linux distribution in virtualbox supported by your bot and use NAT for enabling connectivity on the
virtual machine.

This way you will have best of the both worlds :D linux with NAT and baremetal windows.

Hope it helps :)

I know i used to use Vmware player on my windows machine and run any linux machine on it.

Following vmware player site, it does say in their installation requirements that Windows 2008 and 2012 server is supported.
I would recommend you checking into it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back