Status
Not open for further replies.
17 comments
I don't think there is a way of keeping your links the same..

Well you could change your ipb site to vbulletin on a different directory (eg. /forum/) and keep the old version of your(ipb) site available. Then start submitting links from vbulletin and all your links will be up and running and you will slowly transition.
You would also need to do other things like changing the board url on ipb to the new board and just deleting the index.php

That's the easiest way as I see it, but I'll end with..

DDDDDDOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN'TTTTTTTTT DDDDOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!
stick with ipb.

i would like to switch to Vbulletin 4.0.8 or 4.1.0 from IPB 3.1.4, because when i installed IPB the server kept getting high cpu load from my site, but when i had vbulletin it was all calm

IPB use much memory then Vbulletin that why u still higt resource
exampel:

if host have suhosin IPB need limit memory var lenght to 4MB but Vbulletin 1MB only this the reason why IPB slow with Vbulletin

here you go ..taken impex directly from vbulletin.com
Code:
http://hotfile.com/dl/100500719/141d3cc/impex_VBGH989048MM.zip.html
but this is not nulled so you need active license to use impex ..
if you want my help converting ipb to vb then feel free drop me a pm .. :)

You can convert your board to phpbb 3 ( good open source ) + no DMCA notices etc

PHPBB 3 is also good u can check it out

Even i also use IPB .. a pain in the ass ( too much cpu and memory consumption even when i use sushosin + few others )

Regards

You can convert your board to phpbb 3 ( good open source ) + no DMCA notices etc

PHPBB 3 is also good u can check it out

Even i also use IPB .. a pain in the ass ( too much cpu and memory consumption even when i use sushosin + few others )

Regards

phpbb 3 not good for big forum makes server loady and slow :(
better to switch into vb and optimize it hope you will not get high cpu and one more thing never use vbseo its suckz makes highly suspicious process <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back