"invisible" blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

manthing

Hi guys, i have a question related to creating a new blog. Im starting to work on my first blog, but i want to make some posts first and setup everything (theme, logo, buttons etc) and just then i want to be visible for other people and google search. Is there a way to be unvisible at the beginning and then get visible when everything done?? Thanks for help

Last edited:
9 comments
I have to agree with upmoney if you have already published your blog then use a maintenance mode to tell your audience that it is still under construction.
If you are using wordpress you can go to wpbeginners for available plugins that you can use.

thanks both for reply, and what if i have still unpublished blog, is there any other option then?
You have a few options. You can prepare it locally, and then upload and publish. Or you can restrict SE bots via robots.txt. Or just replace index.html for construction period. Or allow access to blog for your IP only via .htaccess file, or use password, etc.

You can use Xampp and work on your PC localhost, when you will have everything ready, just upload all files to your web server.
I see that this way is better, with setting up on your local first, you can do everything on the website, test it plugin, function, theme, post,...to make sure all thing is good then you upload it to your hosting a go live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back