Indian Govt. does it Again : Wants Facebook, Google to monitor User Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueriverhost.com

Banned
Banned
As if they are done with every retarded move, here comes another stupid thought :

The Indian government wants operators of social networking sites including Facebook and Google, to monitor user content and remove any offensive material. According to reports, Indian telecom minister Kapil Sibal recently met officials of the Internet companies including Yahoo and Microsoft and asked them to set up a monitoring mechanism, however no solution was reached.

While talking to reporters, Sibal revealed that he had asked the Internet companies in September to remove offensive images and statements but the companies did not adhere to his requests. "We have to take care of the sensibilities of our people, we have to protect their sensibilities. Our cultural ethos is very important to us," he said. "We'll certainly evolve guidelines to ensure that such blasphemous material is not part of content on any platform."

The minister also denied the New York Times report that the government wants to 'censor' the user content. "This is far from the truth. If someone does not wants to remove this kind of incendiary material then the government has to do something about it," adds Sibal.

Meanwhile, Facebook has issued a statement on the monitoring of the user content. The social networking giant says that it recognises the interest of the Indian government in removing offensive content and that it will remove any content breaching its terms. "We will remove any content that violates our terms, which are designed to keep material that is hateful, threatening, incites violence or contains nudity off the service," reads the Facebook statement.

It may be recalled that the Indian government had previously sought to conduct effective monitoring of social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, citing security reasons. The fresh development comes in the backdrop of the government's recent attempts to gain more surveillance and monitoring controls from the internet service providers.

The government had entered into the process of long negotiations with the Research In Motion before allowing it to sell BlackBerry devices capable of encrypted emails and messages. The government has recently updated its IT rules, making internet service providers, web hosts and websites such as Facebook and Twitter responsible for any wrongdoings through their platforms

I would rather suggest to monitor the phone usage of these VVIP's and i bet more then 90% scandals will be resolved in no time. =)

SOURCE

35 comments
they just stumbled onto few politico-hate pages and want FB and others to make sure anything that is posted must be reviewed before going online -_-

anyway, as written above - companies said they obviously cannot do this :w00t:

Here’s what will happen in the age of Kapil Sibal :P

2q9hx82.jpg

lol at this rule....People are posting the truth about the worst political party Congress on social networking sites. They want to save their image and dont want to be criticized on these sites where people post truth about them. People are free to post such things on these sites. They cant get their thoughts shared to public via media as the government have put restrictions on them as well. So the public share their thoughts via FB and or twitter and our government wanna put restriction on this too....Great...

They wont succeed.

GOI should focus more on core issues rather than these kinda irrelevant issues.Anther way to divert attention towards another issues .

^ offtopic : awesome video lol
ontopic : last time it was on file sharing site this time on images huh
lets what will bring 2012 for us!

Kapil Chappal [Sibbal] Is a Big CHU*IYA [idiot].
He can do stop Indians for making Comments on UPA/Ministers but what about the NRIs who are watching there 'ch**iyapanaa'[idiotic activities] , they will continue to write/post/express there Views on Facebook.

It will be Better if he tries to change His attitude & his Party Attitude.

lol 4 you for that one live uploader..

no offence but guys..i've been sent to india a long while ago.on an assignment.for my surprise..geez..stupid thinking and narrow minded people surround all around you..my work space was shaby either..the govt there..i dont even even wanna tak abt it..people & media say indiaz getting richer by the day..but wat i personally feel ..wat's getting richer is a bunch of families...corrupt officials & politicans..nnasty stuff i've never seen anywhere in the world.. god help u guys:)

my take on this jerk kapil sibal..whatever thing..is a joke nd dumb..blocking goddamn freedom of expression...Right to speech i guess..dum shit

Who else thinks the government is creating a diversion so it can pull of yet another scam in the shadows? That's what they do best; create a diversion that people will get engrossed in, while pulling a scam so no one will notice.

Who else thinks the government is creating a diversion so it can pull of yet another scam in the shadows? That's what they do best; create a diversion that people will get engrossed in, while pulling a scam so no one will notice.
Yeah that's the case.:)

Government does not want to include 7.5 million Group C members in lokpal because it says its not possible to monitor them, but they want to control 25 million Facebook Users.

Kapil Sahab, aap dhanya ho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back