Status
Not open for further replies.

Djlatino

Yep you heard right, originally was on the Play Store but after >24 hours of uptime, it's been taken down.

Works great but here's what Saurik from the iPhone dev-team has to say
Code:
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="class: default"]

[QUOTE][COLOR=#000000]I believe that this application actually does connect to Apple's servers from the phone, but it doesn't then interpret the protocol on the device. Instead, it ferries the data to the third-party developer's server, parses everything remotely, figures out what to do with the data, and sends everything back to the client decoded along with responses to send back to Apple.Doing it this way means that Apple can't just block them by IP address, it avoids them having to distribute their "secret sauce" (understanding the iMessage protocol is clearly very valuable), and it potentially allows them to use actual Apple code on their servers (in case they haven't spent the time to fully break the fairplay obfuscation that Apple is using for some of their keys).
Here's what I'm seeing: every time I send it a message, I get a packet from Apple, and then immediately the app sends a packet of almost exactly the same size to 222.77.191.206 (which is listed in this application's APK as "ServerIp"). It then gets back two packets from the Chinese server, the first of which I'm presuming is the decoded result and the second packet being a response to send Apple (as immediately a packet is sent back to Apple with about the same size).
Additionally, if you read the reviews of this application, the author is making some very weird responses to people with login issues: he's asking for their Apple ID, as apparently that's enough for him to debug their issue. That shouldn't be possible if the application is just directly talking to Apple the entire time.
[edit: The more I stare at this, the more confident I am in this analysis; specifically, the packets that are "about" and "almost exactly" the same size are very deterministic: the packets to/from Apple are precisely 7 bytes larger than the corresponding packets to/from the Chinese server.]
[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][edit: It also occurred to me to verify the other direction: in fact, if you go to send a message, first the client sends something to the developer's server, which then returns a packet which, along with again the exactly 7 extra bytes, is sent to Apple's server.][/COLOR]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/QUOTE]
My friend tried it with a new Apple ID and said it worked fine, just keep in mind the data transfer from the chinese server to your phone. Tbh, I'm thinking of giving it a spin as well, but I would want to find a way to sandbox it first.

If you wanna give it a spin, [url=http://m.giochigratis.store.aptoide.com/app/market/com.huluwa.imessage/9/3858220/iMessage%20Chat]iMessage Chat | Android Apps (Free APK)[/url]

The official website of the dev [URL="http://www.huluwa.org/"]http://www.huluwa.org[/URL]

Though it seems to be down right now, it was working earlier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back