Status
Not open for further replies.

JmZ

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Hey,

So I had some random idea yesterday lunch time and started coding it through the night, it is almost done but I have one very important question in relation to it.

Which image hosts do you personally use?

Assume you'd use this theoretical service, which hosts would you like it to support?

Really, ones with no hotlinking aren't of much use but I will take them into account still.

Also, if you yourself run an image host, feel free to post, I will include it if it allows hotlinking.

Thanks
J

24 comments
yeah I figure most will say imgur, even myself. But the service in question will need to support several popular hosts, so imagine imgur didn't exist, lol.

I take it this is the idea we talked about many months ago but nothing came out of it? The 'multi image' project? That's what it sounds like, based on what you've input so far, Jmz.

Slightly different idea to that, LT.

It'll involve the use of multiple image hosts but isn't a "multihoster".

thanks for the replies.

I've added imgur, imageshack, min.us, tinypic, imgah, imagebam, postimage and bayimg for now.

yeah jesse it is.

i have been testing it today, it seems to work fine, i just need to add all the user stuff.

Hotlink allowed, chrome and firefox plugins (firefox and chrome in the merkatplace, not selfhosted !).
Long term project. Located in Europe, Protected and optimized by cloudflare.

Long term project. Located in Europe, Protected and optimized by cloudflare.

LOL knew it was going to be a brand new site based on this line. No idea what I'm talking about, right?

Cloudflare will not keep you on when you grow if you are using them for image serving other then the main website. Not the hosted images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back