Status
Not open for further replies.

twelch1980

Here is what I am looking for. I want to be able to have only a specific part of another webpage display at the top of my website.

I am looking for the text from a Now Playing page on my website to display ONLY the artist and title from the page, format it slightly and display it.

Is this possible?

If so, could someone point me to a tutorial, or supply instructions. I have found that this can be done with iFrame but I am not sure how to accomplish this.

Troy

8 comments
hum.
you probalby won't want to use iframes - since they are shit.

Write a small php-script which will curl (or any other technology to get a website) the site and kill all the unneccessary code
or just load the infos you want - since this is probably much faster.

Parse the information in a div
and position the div at the top

There is a page on the website that contains all the now playing information. I want to be able to extract that information, format it and display it on the top of the website.

Ok here is a nice little tutorial about getting the page ad extracting the data for your iframe.
Code:
http://99webtools.com/extract-website-data.php

Best way would be to use cURL as mentioned by "Lock Down", but instead of using DOM, I would recommend using regex to extract the required data. I don't have the link to the site so I cannot give you more specifics.

If you still need any help , contact me over Skype or PM , I can help you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back