if i have two domains at hostgator can someone know that both are mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtrn

if i've two domains at hostgator's shared hosting is it very hard for a good hacker to know that the two domains are under the same account?

3 comments
You wouldn't have to be a hacker to know if two domains are related. If a hacker that got into your filesystem they could figure it out in a few seconds or so, or if you're using something like an analytics software that ties both domains together, using the same affiliate ID on multiple sites, re-using images or CSS files from one site on another, etc. They will have the same IP address, but if there are others on the same IP address and the domains don't look or sound alike, most people wouldn't know or care. Not sure what your goal is in keeping the sites separate, though.

yeah

if i've two domains at hostgator's shared hosting is it very hard for a good hacker to know that the two domains are under the same account?

yeah pretty easy for anyone based on your whois information (depending on your setup)

yeah pretty easy for anyone based on your whois information (depending on your setup)

ok

so if i want the first domain to not be associated with the second one when someone can look and connect the two to be by the same account i should open two basic accounts at hostwinds?

so if i want the first domain to not be associated with the second one when someone can look and connect the two to be by the same account i should open two basic accounts at hostwinds?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back