Status
Not open for further replies.

njyitbj

hello Guys How Are Hope You fine .
in my country today is the results of secondary exam and i need program to find result by name(now It is by a number give to student) the program will take the numbers range between 3 and 6 numbers and open every one and take the name . i hope you understand what i mean .

21 comments
just code a php script which will use POST or GET to open the pages depending on the url structure.then use regex to parse the data.add it to the database..then repeat.then what ever processing you want to do or if its too diff for you,get it into excel and process

guys thanks you but i dont know about it can you make me a tutorial please and the results at this website (not english) elearning.jo

holy crap what da heck do u mean?

Do u mean: enter student id and name pops up with results?

if so, u can easily do this in excel with vlookup (the best function in the world!)
search vlookup in google, or post here more details and we can help u out...

in my country today the results of secondary schools and they put the results at the official site at the internet elearning.jo but you cant know anyone result if you dont know his id so what i need is a program that try all ids and give me the results and students id are between 3 and 6 numbers like 199 or 938494

he means using MS-Excel u can easily arrange it that way !
Yes.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

1zowy0z.jpg

xlfour.jpg

You can print , chart or whatever with the data ...

He doesn't know which students have which id, so you need to know php, to make a script to try all the id ranging from 001 to 999999 and the collect all the data, such as the result, name and id, and put in a database, then he can filter through the database by name.

HUH? Of course not. :) He enters the data or imports the data from whereever he is getting it.

1. A sheet of paper he inputs by hand . (he can create an input screen if he wanted but it would be more steps opening and closing the input)
2. csv file which he can import.
3. any database file can be exported directly to an excel spreadsheet.

But if it is a database file he can use phpmyadmin or similar program to do all the filtering and sorting and printing.

If he wants the actual data on the net he would use php/mysql and a website to let others manipulate it.

If he wants to show the results it can be done by posting the printed output on a web site as html.

Last edited:
He doesn't have the data as a whole, to get the data he needs to enter all the ids from 001 to 999999, and doing that manually will take a long time, and after he has got all the data he can use excel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back