I guess I'll throw this all into one thread...needs to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DXS

***WARNING*** BEFORE READING THIS THREAD, PLEASE DO NOT SPAM THIS THREAD, POST USELESS SHIT, GO OFF TOPIC, ETC. PLEASE READ THIS THREAD IN FULL AND EITHER AGREE OR DISAGREE AND TRY TO EXPLAIN WHY (IF POSSIBLE).
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Before I fully begin...I will state a few shutouts to organizations I hate.

RIAA (FUCK you and FUCK off)
MPAA (FUCK you and FUCK off)
BRIEN (FUCK you and FUCK off)
FBI (FUCK you and FUCK off)
CIA (FUCK you and FUCK off)
...other anti-piracy groups (FUCK all of you and FUCK off)

All these new warez sites...one after another...thousands...millions of them come alive by the week/month. Do we really need them? Hell no. Making a new warez site doesn't make you "cool" or "rich" like all you kids think it does. Fucking little grade school kids and pre-teen kids think they're going to be so badass to that girl they want to show to that they have a warez site... truthfully, your friends might be like "oh billy, that's so cool omg!" but everyone else on the internet "fucking noob". That's what they think. With all your lack of skill and knowledge and maturity, it's killing the scene with all these sites...way too much competition and no point to even open another site. And not only do you just make this...you have someone WITH the experience or knowledge to set it all up for you...vBulletin or IPB script with a theme/skin and some mods/hacks because you don't even know how to navigate to the images folder and change the fucking LOGO..nonetheless the favicon...or even how to set up the forums themselves.

You're not a "true" webmaster if someone else does the work for you. All of you kids are confused and need to understand something...making $1 a month off of your little site isn't helping you. All after a fast buck, most of the new (if not all) sites suck... How does it stack up? None of this makes sense or is "real"... if you want to be a "true" webmaster you have to study the skill. Then all these kids...making up a new identity for themselves "oh hey, i'm billy bob from alaska. tehehe". No one cares. You don't have the mental energy to keep up with the scene nor have the site power to make your site "omg so huge". Your site gets ass-raped. Up one day...gone the next. Why try again? It takes years to be what it takes to be "real". You're welcome to the scene if your serious but not as a "true" webmaster..leave that to the experienced.

This doesn't only go for warez sites...any type of site really: social networking, hosting, image hosting, DDLs, etc.

Why can't all you small sites merge into ONE site...it would be a HUGE community if you think about it...

But hey...who knows? Maybe all these kids making all these sites helps out the LEGIT hosting companies out there to make money...so I can't complain too much.

****Removed****

***END DISCLAIMER*** THIS ISN'T REALLY A THREAD TO BASH THE NEW GUYS/SITES... IT'S MORE OF WHAT'S ACTUALLY GOING ON IN THE SCENE...NOT EVEN JUST THE WAREZ SCENE, EVERYWHERE ON THE INTERNET. BE A MEMBER OF YOUR FAVOURITE SITES IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO STUFF AROUND THE SCENE OR IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE. LEARN FROM THEM AND OTHER SITES BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR OWN SITE.

Like I said... You're ALL welcome to make a site...just study the stuff you need to know before putting a new site online. I want to see something GOOD...not the same shit but different day types of stuff. Please...for the sake of your time, your wasted money, peoples times, and yourself...study everything you need to know before you go into the big open. It's kind of like driving...you can't just hop in a car without a license and drive on the street without learning how to. You need to learn how to, get a permit, continue learning, then get a license..all before you can hop a car and drive on the roads. It's a similar process...just here it's not a license type of thing...it's just a "I've learned what I need to know...time to get myself a site and see how things work out".

14 comments
I have the feeling that somebody is getting frustrated and needs a good night sleep :P
But yeah I agree with you DXS , and who is that hillbilly - Billy Bob Person :D

Thanks WarezFreak...

By the way...I haven't slept in a few days almost...so please excuse any "known" errors in my original post.

Also...I love the new sites...but I also hate them. I would provide WAY more detail...just can't focus on something...so I might have gone off-track a bit too..

...you have someone WITH the experience or knowledge to set it all up for you...vBulletin or IPB script with a theme/skin and some mods/hacks because you don't even know how to navigate to the images folder and change the fucking LOGO..nonetheless the favicon...or even how to set up the forums themselves.

Okay, amen to that ^.

It's not going to stop because, no one is getting arrested, no one is getting sued, so are they even afraid? Hell no. I mean not like it's 100% safe but no one is going to care for some kid who have warez forum with 50 members and makes -30$ every month.

It's so funny because lot kids, and I do mean kids who are like 12-15yo, get some shitty unlimited hosting for few bucks, host they website in USA, they also live in USA and they think they are so tough, so when that one fail, open 3 new forums or websites to show that you are teh webmaster. It's illegal in so many ways, but they don't care.

It's sad but very true.

Edit: Forgot to say, but Jason already did. Don't hate Anti-Piracy groups, they are just doing their job. I don't get it why you people hate on them so much or send them FUCK OFF or GTFO mails, that's just pathetic and shows that you're an idiot.

First of all,
Why would anyone hate anti-piracy organizations? I'll say it again. If I had lots of money, I'd buy every TV Show I like. Every video game I like. Every frickin' movie I ever watched. But, I'm not that rich. So I need to download most of the stuff I ever watched, or stuff I want to watch. Anti-Piracy organizations are like police in real life. But they work Online. And their job is to protect Authors of movies, tv shows, video games and applications.

You can't say that every movie had budget like Avatar, or some other movie from a rich director like James Cameron who proved himself with tons of great movies he wrote and directed in 80s and 90s. He deserved all that money, he didn't steal it from anyone. And who the fuck are you, or me to tell him that he's a prick because he invested so much money in his movie.

It's his movie, his creation. And he has full rights to his creation. We are just bunch of criminals, who are making the job easier to the criminals in real life, who are downloading movies, tv shows, video games, and applications and selling them in real life. Main reason why those anti-piracy organizations are trying to remove content from the Internet. Is because pirates from real life are downloading the content from the Internet, and burning it onto DVD's, and selling it in the real life. So basically, you are helping them to make profit. They are making way more money than any uploader on the scene.

Uploaders aren't stupid at all, they're just bunch of leechers who are trying to make some quick buck. Most stupid people are those Release groups, who are risking their lifes to get you a movie to watch. And leechers(uploaders) are leeching it all over the Internet, causing anti-piracy groups to fight more against piracy.

I don't have nothing against young Webmasters, every new step they make is good. None of us knew to install vBulletin, or any other forum script before. We had to learn it just like they did. I know that making another crappy warez linking forum is a stupid thing to do. Because it will eventually fail. But in everything bad, there's something good. At least, they will become more experienced, and they will know how to work with most of the Content Management Systems and Forum Scripts.

PIRACY IS A CRIME. Who ever thinks it isn't, he's stupid. If you were a film director, and if someone leaked your movie just one day after releasing it, you would be pissed off. Because you would lose profit from it. And you invested all money you had. And guess what? You wouldn't be able to release another movie, because you HAVE NO MONEY. Thanks to who? Thanks to that release group, and those leechers (uploaders) who are thinking that they are some "Pirates" because they leech things.

----------------
Listening to: Sharan - Na Derneku (Derneci Ko Pile)

OMG
This was what I was thinking. I had came up with this suggestion last year I guess. At that time all made fun of me lol and bashed me xD
I said that and more supporting you now :)

Nice +1

mrbeanwtf.jpg

In the way I see it... Piracy is a win.

All these music groups and film directors and such money hungry, greedy bastards. All they bitch about is money non-stop. If they didn't give a fuck...piracy wouldn't be even needed.

Because of piracy...I found a lot of other bands I really enjoy listening to. Plus I found a lot of movies I enjoy watching. How to bands make their money now? By selling clothing and going on tour and have concerts. Without piracy... 90% of my music folder wouldn't exist..and I would have never seen about 75% of those bands live.

Some bands (I'll take Asking Alexandria for instance) don't care about people pirating their music...in fact, they encourage it. They make their money by selling clothing, concert tickets, posters, etc. And they make a good living too...not a shitty one where they're just "a little above where they began".

Piracy helps in a lot of ways...discover new things...and teach money hungry assfucks to not be so greedy. If I made a movie...I'd post it on every warez site myself. etc.

Also... the above wasn't even on topic. I'm talking about new sites sprouting...not just in the warez scene...but everywhere..every scene. It's outrageous. Like AIDS.

Also, to add... yes we were all at that point... but I'm sure SOME of us actually took the time and studied the topic and how things work. I half-assed it. But my site got somewhere. I couldn't afford $200/month anymore for a dedi in Hong Kong as I lost my previous job so my site had to go down. I miss it...I want to do this again but it's going to be so hard now... But hey...unique content still wins. ;)

In the way I see it... Piracy is a win.

All these music groups and film directors and such money hungry, greedy bastards. All they bitch about is money non-stop. If they didn't give a fuck...piracy wouldn't be even needed.

Because of piracy...I found a lot of other bands I really enjoy listening to. Plus I found a lot of movies I enjoy watching. How to bands make their money now? By selling clothing and going on tour and have concerts. Without piracy... 90% of my music folder wouldn't exist..and I would have never seen about 75% of those bands live.

Some bands (I'll take Asking Alexandria for instance) don't care about people pirating their music...in fact, they encourage it. They make their money by selling clothing, concert tickets, posters, etc. And they make a good living too...not a shitty one where they're just "a little above where they began".

Piracy helps in a lot of ways...discover new things...and teach money hungry assfucks to not be so greedy. If I made a movie...I'd post it on every warez site myself. etc.

Also... the above wasn't even on topic. I'm talking about new sites sprouting...not just in the warez scene...but everywhere..every scene. It's outrageous. Like AIDS.

One question:

How the fuck they will eat from "RESPECT" of some kids who are downloading their albums for FREE? You think they will make enough money just from their concerts? Yeah, right. They are just some kiddie bands who are releasing their stuff on Internet.

Immortal Technique is a great rapper, he always say that you can download all albums he released for FREE, but if you have money that you need to buy it. Because he's a grown up person. Parents won't give him money to spend, they won't give him anything to eat. His profession is music. He doesn't work anywhere. And most of the musicians have no finished school just like him. It's stupid thing to say PIRACY IS WIN.

There is a big difference if some band release their album for FREE on Internet. Or if some fan rip their album and release on Internet. They will become a bit famous, but no one will buy their album. It's maybe WIN for you. But not for them.

There are hundreds of new sites open daily, but most of them FAIL. There are hundreds of people killed every day, lots of girls raped every day. World is a big place. Especially Internet.

If you made a movie you would post it on every site? You really think you would make that? If you were an average person, not rich, and not living with parents. Yeah, right.

Piracy is not WIN. Piracy is a crime.

This is the way the internet was intended to be used, anyone can put anything they like online.

While I do think a Webmaster should have the expertise (or at least money to pay someone else) to be able to recover their site in a disaster situation, I really dont agree with your point about them not contributing websites because they lack skills, I make websites for a clients often and get paid for the work, I dont care if they know HTML or not as long as they can draw the idea on paper thats enough for me.

If your oven breaks at home you call a electrician, why do you think everyone should be a LMAP god?

Ive had to learned the skills to run my own website effectively and utilize my VPS well, this only because I dont have the funds to pay someone else to do it, otherwise id be sipping my cocktail.

It sounds to me like you want to turn the internet into the big brands stores of the 21st century, you need to think about your stance a little harder, how boring would the world be if we only shopped at the Supermarket, effectively thats what you're advocating for the warez world.

I also think its silly because it spreads links and resources very thinly across only a few websites (in your dream world) if anyone wants to take down links or copyright then the entire scene has been consolidated for them and they need only attack a few.

Making a new warez site doesn't make you "cool" or "rich" like all you kids think it does. Fucking little grade school kids and pre-teen kids think they're going to be so badass to that girl they want to show to that they have a warez site

I didn't start my site to be cool or rich, I started it to fill a niche and expand my own music library, basically for selfish reasons a sharing website was born. If I die tomorrow id like to know that someone will replace my site with a brand spanking new one, and in the current environment thats pretty much a certainty, in your utopian environment with a few websites no one would have the funds or resources to put something online (the bandwidth and resources would cost $$$$$), websites of this nature need to grow slowly from community donations, you are not going to stroll into a bank asking for a cash loan to setup the next warez-bb.

Final note, I dont upload links to katz personally but I do sometimes use it for searching, it seems to work fine and effectively indexes loads of smaller (and larger) sites and lays down some guidelines that the owners must adhere to, which almost sets some standards, as long as sites like katz or even Google exist (search engines) I dont see any problems at all.

True

However who really is to blame? Why give out to these new people who make these sites? Is it really their fault?

Another way of looking at it is looking at experienced webmasters who nearly fuel the fire and desire in others to create these sites. One of the reasons for the increase is the ease in setting up a new site. This is the result of numerous things. Easier to install forum scripts, modifications which just need to be imported instead of requiring custom coding and manual edits, sharpleech and multiposters enabling content, rapidleech, phpuploader, rda allowing fast easy uploads, large existing DDL sites ready and willing to give then traffic if they all that all important button.

Are these the failings of new kids with an interest or experienced webmasters, coders and gfx artists opening up the scene too much?

I coded a mod which was added the Katz button. Imagine that. A mod that helped these new kids import a DDL Button so they could submit. Look around people every time you help someone. We're the ones killing it.

Actually, nice initiative, but what did you just type? by making this thread you wont be stopping them makin new sites every single day, but i like what you said, and its all true.

Code:
I coded a mod which was added the Katz button. Imagine that. A mod that helped these new kids import a DDL Button so they could submit. Look around people every time you help someone. We're the ones killing it.

Observation: You made a button a mod that helped these new kids import a DDL Button so they could submit.
Conclusion: You're killing the scene?

What are you guys talking about, we all harness the power of Linux/GNU to run our servers right, news for you, thats open source software, built by the community for the community. We all use Apache, same thing, PHP same thing, etc

Your sites wouldn't even be online without the generosity, time and willing of people much smarter than us that shared their code.

I guess your statement seems odd when you consider that everything on these websites is about sharing, your sharing files with the masses, not trying to surpress the growth, sharing is caring and the more sites out there the better. We cannot afford to keep all our eggs in one basket.

I dont want to live in your elitist utopias, I like the internet as is and lucky for me it will probably remain this way :)

Great topic. Good views and opinions, replies, well considered comments. Why can't more of WJ be like this?

Code:

Observation: You made a button a mod that helped these new kids import a DDL Button so they could submit.
Conclusion: You're killing the scene?

What are you guys talking about, we all harness the power of Linux/GNU to run our servers right, news for you, thats open source software, built by the community for the community. We all use Apache, same thing, PHP same thing, etc

Your sites wouldn't even be online without the generosity, time and willing of people much smarter than us that shared their code.

I guess your statement seems odd when you consider that everything on these websites is about sharing, your sharing files with the masses, not trying to surpress the growth, sharing is caring and the more sites out there the better. We cannot afford to keep all our eggs in one basket.

I dont want to live in your elitist utopias, I like the internet as is and lucky for me it will probably remain this way :)

Your not following the point. I'm not sharing something I had. I don't need a mod to install a DDL button. Neither do 99% of experienced webmasters. I deliberately sat down to make something that will make it easier for these kids to set up a warez site. The people who develop php, apache and other open source scripts and software know the benefits in what they create far outweigh the negatives. In my case it was negatives outweighing the positives in it's creation.

Finishing this mod was my eurika moment and opened my eyes more to the state of the scene and who is responsible. As a result it wasn't released.

Who the fuck are you?
Think you're part of some scene, yet hangin around wj.. You sound like a complete fucking idiot

'Noobs shouldn't have websites, they should skulk around for a few years learning instead of getting your hands dirty'. I could go on but I can't be bothered.
Your type of bs is killing warez mate, not people speading it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back