Status
Not open for further replies.

musman1986

As the thread title say is don't think chatbox should have the XX has replied to XX. It makes it difficult to read the messages posted in chatbox by users. Those messages are mixed in the auto generated messages.

14 comments
i hate the chatbox here with the auto update of threads avalible in it

there are better chatboxes

also never see much going on in it at all

The shout box new thread feature is useful, but i think that its only there for that, not many people chat on there! Its a chat box! lol

well if its the latest threads and other info you wish to see then there is a hack for that
top stats or latest stats somthing like that then have a chatbox for chatting if anyone wishes to

I agree,it's good to have recent topics but isn't there somekind of way to make them separate.
Maybe 50% shoutbox,50% recent topics mod.
I had that when I had warezfactory in the old days :)

Personally I like the shout box showing new threads, many members do. A small minority don't, but your solution is good clarksta but many people don't use the shout box, so disabling the new thread feature will just make the shout box dull and useless.

It won't make it dull or useless. the reason y you think people don't use shoutbox is that the messages are all mixed up in the thread notifications. That is y i am saying the shoutbox becomes useless as people don't know what is happening.

Shoutbox decreased members activity sometimes though. Instead of creating a thread for a problem, it looks like they ask a simple question, but it turns into a 20 minute conversation on how "can i get this virus off my computer."

shoutbox should be use for light convo's, not entire solutions.

I'm not saying this is happening here (because its not).
But this is what usually happens to other forums, specially if its full of noobs and gets lots of traffic.

This is why IRC Channels are easier to deal with. And much more fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back