Status
Not open for further replies.
29 comments
I Don't Know Which One is Right For Me.

Since its Wordpress education site my recommendation is always linux, as it is free and offers more security.

The choice of OS mainly depends on the application you are planning to host. PHP is for Linux, Asp is for windows.
Think that it will be also reasonable to recommend QHoster.com website hosting solutions. Coupon : wht10life - 10% lifetime discounts for all the: shared hosting, reseller hosting, Linux VPS, Windows RDP VPS, cPanel Managed VPS

Linux is way better. Often you have to pay for a Windows license, and Linux is free and runs wordpress sites perfectly. So i recommend you Linux. If you have no clue how to manage them you can take managed VPS and admins will help you with transfer and setting your Wordpess site. btw, HostiServer does that.

It depends on your needs! Certain applications require Windows, however, Linux is more flexible.

Most servers use Linux for a reason, it's definitely a more powerful offering. But there are applications that require Windows. It really depends on your exact needs.

As everyone said above Linux VPS is best option for your wordpress website hosting. So, if you tell what is your budget and requirements here we can help you better with more details.

with regards,
Bluewelthost.com

Linux or wordpress => that depends, but Linux (centos) is highly recommended because its now under Redhat control, so they wont give chance to broke their image.

few other things about wordpress :
1) Use SSD (MUST) because wordpress is database driven and everytime it collect big data from database
2) Use less plugins
3) Use super cache or some cache plugins and preload (precache) all posts, that reduce server load.
4) Use cloudflare, they reduce the requests by some extent, as they cache to nearby servers.
5) Still GeoDNS/load balancing is highly complex, but you need that once your site become popular/more traffic

Good luck with your project

For wordpress, Linux. I don't understand why anyone would choose Windows for hosting a website... For running tools, software, automation, SEO etc, I understand Windows is the choice, but not for websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back