How you Optimize Wordpress blog ? share what you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

toRRfriend

hi guys,
wordpress is everywhere, and daily some 1000's of new installation too, so point is how you optimize it ?

Optimizing wordpress is Art, we learn something everyday (may be during tweak i think) and running behind error, and sudden peak usage of resources and yeah, optimization is the answer for this...

What i do or how i optimize ..??

Using this optimization, my site load faster i think (i hope so) and handle more users compared to without optimization.

1)
as it is databse oriented cms, so i optimize database frequently.

Must be in SSD, as database perform (read/write) well in ssd compared to normal spinning drive, atleast by 3-5 times.

2)
i always use less plugins (less then 10)

3)
running wpdbsclean plugin after plugin uninstall, as every plugin leave something in database that make our site slow, this plugin is handy, just delete the unused table by one click (take backup before this)

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpdbspringclean/

Offtopic:
everyone must install plugin and see, how many tables that uninstalled plugins leaved in database which slowdown our site every second, every day.

4)
Wordpress super cache plugin installed, as if i changed anything in my site means, i delete all caches and preload all in low peak time, so every user get cached pages.

Still i am not well in coding, so dont know much about theme optimization, hope somebody share it here :)

Last edited:
8 comments
Keeping a check on the number of plugins is an effective method for optimizing websites, never underestimate how people respond well to fast responsive times.

There are lot of factors involved to optimize the WordPress site, always try to upload the optimized picture which somehow reduce the load time of the page. Use minify version of your stylesheet and scripts.

Using multiple plugins would not harm the load time, there are plugins which are necessary to upload such as (WPCache & Wordfence) which will make your website protected from hackers and cached the page to decrease the load time.

There are plugins which works in the backend and on frontend, depends on the nature of the plugin.

W3 Total cache is powerful. Especially if you've got a PHP accelerator running on your server.

I'm curious as to what will happen when PHP7 becomes more widespread. I've been told that PHP7 works a lot faster.

So, pre-PHP7 wordpress sites -> get W3 Total cache (with an accelerator & CDN).

PHP7 wordpress sites -> stick to the basics (minimizing JS, CSS and etc..).

Number of plugins doesn't affect a site, what they do and how they do it does.
I'm using a plugin that automatically posts to twitter and one update increased the load time by at least 5 seconds,
so it's important to keep track off the changes you make to your site so you can revert them if you notice something is wrong.

Just as CK13 said, using multiple plugins will not affect your website in anyway, I prefer to use the APIs from some reputable website as sometimes the API takes much time to load which automatically increases the load time of the website.

Use optimized image for every screen resolution, thanks to the newer version of wordpress which have a builtin version to display the optimized version of image depends upon the screen resolution.

Do not use multiple plugins for same use, I had a client who used multiple carousel plugins to slide their elements (before I took the project though :p) for example, he was using three types of different slider, one for logo sliding, one for portfolio slider, one for related post slider (which uses the same library, carousel) I deactivated all the plugins and added "Jcarousel" manually, and use the same library for every slider section. That helps reduce the load time..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back