How to Upload Files on Vps server

Status
Not open for further replies.

desizone

hello
i need information about unmanaged vps server
i'm new to vps . so can anyone tell me how i can make ftp account on vps server and upload my website to vps server

Thanks in Advance

21 comments
try to use google and find tutorial on how to setup it. example search query: linux ubuntu ftp server setup tutorial
I think easier way is to setup some web based hosting control panel solution which also include FTP.

do you have apache or nginx installed?
do you need mysql or php?

perhaps you should look for some help installing the vps :/

maybe u need to tell us your OS, windows or linux? or grab a managed vps they can install for u as well

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

No it is not easy to deploy a website on a plain VPS.

It is easier to start with a right template like ISPConfig presintalled so it will come with some software running but it's only the matter of time when you'll find your website offline due to some odd reason like out of space because of constant logging or dead mysqld service that needs to be fixed. Then it will cost you to hire a trust-able freelancer or hosting provider admin's work hours to get it back online.

how to install ftp in vps

Step One—Install vsftpd

You can quickly install vsftpd on your virtual private server in the command line:
sudo yum install vsftpd We also need to install the FTP client, so that we can connect to an FTP server:
sudo yum install ftp Once the files finish downloading, vsftpd will be on your VPS. Generally speaking, the virtual private server is already configured with a reasonable amount of security. However, it does provide access to anonymous users.
Step Two—Configure VSFTP

Once VSFTP is installed, you can adjust the configuration.
Open up the configuration file:
sudo vi /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf One primary change you need to make is to change the Anonymous_enable to No:
anonymous_enable=NO Prior to this change, vsftpd allowed anonymous, unidentified users to access the VPS's files. This is useful if you are seeking to distribute information widely, but may be considered a serious security issue in most other cases. After that, uncomment the local_enable option, changing it to yes.
local_enable=YES Finish up by uncommenting command to chroot_local_user. When this line is set to Yes, all the local users will be jailed within their chroot and will be denied access to any other part of the server.
chroot_local_user=YES Finish up by restarting vsftpd:
sudo service vsftpd restart In order to ensure that vsftpd runs at boot, run chkconfig:
chkconfig vsftpd on Step Three—Access the FTP server

Once you have installed the FTP server and configured it to your liking, you can now access it.
You can reach an FTP server in the browser by typing the domain name into the address bar and logging in with the appropriate ID. Keep in mind, you will only be able to access the user's home directory.
ftp : // example.com Alternatively, you can reach the FTP server through the command line by typing:
ftp example.com Then you can use the word, "exit," to get out of the FTP shell.

If you want to just host your site without any additional issues, you can easily archive all the files in .zip and then on your vps do -

"yum install unzip -y"

Then do -

"cd (your website location)"

Then upload your .zip to a place and get the direct download link and do -

"wget (direct download link)"

And then do -

"unzip (your file name).zip"

And that should do it too.

hello
i need information about unmanaged vps server
i'm new to vps . so can anyone tell me how i can make ftp account on vps server and upload my website to vps server

Thanks in Advance

Actually, you may find more appropriate for you to use SCP client such as WinSCP
You can connect to your server with the same SSH credentials and copy files both ways.
If you only need to have access to server files yourself, it's good idea.

Installing and configuring FTP can be a mess believe me, especially for a novice, no offense.

You can use any FTP services to upload the website. You can also install any free control panel so that you get a host of services along with FTP.

You can install VSFTPD ftp server on your linux VPS, then configure it as per your need. Once you have installed the FTP server on VPS, Install FTP clinet on your local PC to access the FTP server. Create FTP user and assign him permission to upload and download the files while installing thew FTP server. I recommend you to install Filezilla FTP client, you will be having the easy access with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back