Status
Not open for further replies.

avalonboy

Banned
Banned
I have vps and domain in another hosting. I need point this domain to vps. My vps now have only ip adress. What I need to do in whm for this? I need dns servers for this I know and I dont know how to do this.

11 comments
You can point an A record to your VPS IP for your domain.

Or if you are familiar with linux then you can setup bind (DNS Server) for your domain so that you can have your nameservers. (2 nameservers can be on the same IP)

This is guide for initial setup [:|] I need step by step guide how to create nameservers . And I have 2 dedicated ip adresses.

Last edited:
First go to your domain panel and register your nameservers with your VPS ip and use those nameservers for your domain. After this you need to set the nameservers in cpanel.

This is guide for initial setup [:|] I need step by step guide how to create nameservers . And I have 2 dedicated ip adresses.

You can create nameservers through that setup again, just click on Add IP Address after entering the nameservers and point your domain to the nameservers supplied there.

Ok I have nameservers ns1 and ns2, when I click on Adding an A entry for nameserver ns1 what I need to put in? Vps IP? Because I have 2 dedicated IPs.
image.jpg

---------- Post added 15th Mar 2013 at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was 14th Mar 2013 at 04:51 PM ----------

I am so unhappy I can point domain to vps 3rd day :'(

Last edited:
You can assign dedicated IP for each nameservers. So when you click on assign nameserver IP, you need to enter your one of the dedicated IP. Same step you should take for another server after that add A record for the nameservers. When you are done with this setting, go to domain registrar of your primary domain and get your nameservers registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back