how to know what script a site is using ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajeshjsl

how to know what script a site is using like if its using wordpress how can i know (ofcourse if he has buyed wordpress he can remove footer) , so how can i analyse it ??

5 comments
You can normally tell just by looking at it, well i can anyway...
What site is it you want to check.. maybe we can look and see what it is for you

If the site is based on Wordpress, you will see it while reading source-code of the page:
<meta name="generator" content="WordPress x.x" />

If it is Datalife, you will see it:
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
var dle_root = '/';
var dle_admin = '';
var dle_login_hash = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx';
var dle_skin = 'uslu_';
var dle_wysiwyg = 'yes';
var quick_wysiwyg = '1';
var menu_short = 'Quick edit';
var menu_full = 'Full edit';
var menu_profile = 'Profile';
var menu_fnews = 'Find all publications';
var menu_fcomments = 'Find all comments';
var menu_send = 'Send message';
var menu_uedit = 'Admin CP';
var dle_req_field = 'Fill out all required fields';
var dle_del_agree = 'Are you sure to delete this comment?';
var dle_del_news = 'Delete article';
var allow_dle_delete_news = false;
//-->
</script>
The key is to look around source code, you can find several references to the script like modifications, statements.. etc.

if the site is using custom script, this method won't work : )

you can't 100% because you can't see the php code.

but you can assume, by viewing the source code... then you can find some wordpress meta tags or other WP comments in html.

or just just check the construct of it... like domain.com/feed or if the archives exists like on wordpress or some other files which wp has. like admin.php or admincp.php no idea how the file is named... just download wp and check it. ;)

How to check if its a wordpress site and what theme its using

how to know what script a site is using like if its using wordpress how can i know (ofcourse if he has buyed wordpress he can remove footer) , so how can i analyse it ??

Dear rajesh
you can go to a website called whatwpthemeisthat.com
just put the link of the website, you want to check, and it will tell you the theme, if its a wordpress theme. (if its not a wordpress platform, then you will get to know)

Similarly there are few chrome extensions and firefox extensions, i would suggest to read the extension details at their website, i am listing it for you right now:
Wappalyzer
builtwith
WPSNIFFER
firebug (for firefox)
appspector

Hope it helps.

If a little Understanding the php can in many ways to discover which script someone has. Google Chrome browser has the option "View source" and it is one of the easier ways to find out script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back