Status
Not open for further replies.

allenM

Hi All..

I have a query. There is a video on home page of my website. I have created a videositemap for the site and submitted to webmaster also. It is showing that the web page is indexed but the Video is still in pending state.
My queries are:

1. Why Google is taking time to index my video? (I submitted it to webmaster 3-5 days ago)
2. What else I can do to get my video appear on the SERP high? (I have a site of my friend which also has a video and it is appearing high on SERP)
3. I heard that syndicating your video is a good option. Please tell me how to do that?

Please help me with my queries..Thanks in advance..:)

7 comments
1- the google webmaster tools react very slowly
2- Put your video on YouTube
3- The first answers on Google SERP for videos come from YouTube

Post videos on youtube.com and other websites like youtube.com
Choose a right keyword for your videos. Use good description.
that will help you lot.

One more thing.
Make a facebook page and update it regularly and share it with your friends.

Guys, you gave him a good advice if it were the case where he needed traffic from an external source. But I believe that he's trying to get his (hosted on his website) videos indexed on Google. Fortunately, there isn't much to it, you don't need to do anything special - just wait, and search for the term (page title?) in a few days and see if a small thumbnail appears next to your result. If it doesn't, be sure that search engines (crawlers) can access your videos.

Hi SuicidalMedia...
You are correct. The video is hosted on my website only. I had submitted my videositemap to Google webmaster 10 days before but still my videos are not indexed by Google. I have uploaded my video too Youtube also but still results are not coming. I can not see my video on SERP. One more thing my video is on the Home page of my website and it is ranking on first position in SERP.

first of you upload your video in the youtube and try to optimize proper with the keyword with title, keyword/tag and description after your optimize your video then you submit your video in other social bookmarking sites or directories.

Google will look at several factors when list your video in the SERPS. Some of these may include.
Keywords in the video title & description
Tags used for the video on you tube
The number of views the video has
The number of likes the video has
How many people have listed the video to their favorites
How many people have linked to the video

Thanks and Regards
Smith Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back