How to Get Traffic for your Website for Free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannNmeet

Every Blogger or Webmaster wants to get traffic for his website or blog, as quality traffic is directly proportional to money in the world of internet business. Yes, it is possible to get lot of unique visitors to reach your website or blog daily with some extra efforts and most importantly without spending a single penny for it.
get-traffic.jpg

Actually generating traffic is not much hard if you know the proper techniques and methods to follow. In this article I am providing some very effective and easy to follow ways to get traffic.

Lets explore ways to Get Traffic for your website or blog for free.

1. SEO (Search Engine Optimization):
You have to spend time and effort to optimize your website. It should rank well. Search Engines helps to get a lot of traffic, if site is properly optimized. You can analyze your website using Google Pagespeed or any other SEO tool to get suggestions for optimize your website. If you are using WordPress which is powerful blogging platform then you can install WordPress SEO Yoast plugin.

2. Frequent Updation of website is must:
Content is king, you need to spend time and efforts to add quality content to your website and update it frequently. Try to explore your topics as much as you can. Add proper pages for about us, contact us. Provide search on every page.

3. Get traffic from social bookmarking sites:
This is another way to get traffic. There are lot of users online who use social bookmarking website for searching good content. It is also a method of getting users faith to have connected your website on popular bookmarking websites. Use social bookmarking sites likes Digg , Delicious , Reddit, Tumblr, StumbleUpon, Pinterest .

4. Social Networking Websites like Twitter and Facebook :
Social networks like Facebook and Twitter are not only for fun these are a powerful source to generate traffic. You can make many fan pages & groups for your website or blog Invite your friends and other users to your facebook pages or twitter account and then promote your contents.

5. Get links with other websites:
Manage to get links with dofollow attribute by commenting on similar websites to your website niche. Even if links are nofollow, still it helps to get traffic. It improves Alexa rank and Pagerank too. But remember always give relevant comment on others websites so that, their owners will approve your comment.

6. Don’t lose any chance to promote your site :
You can promote your site for free on free classified ads websites and submit to various directories. This is link building strategy. It also provide good traffic. Always choose relevant categories on directory websites.

7. Offer something free :
Create free product or service to capture the attention of people and offer it free as a giveaway. But use some condition with it like facebook like, twitter follow or must have 5 comments on topics etc. This helps to generate tons of traffic.

8. Use Offline promotions :
Tell your relatives, friends, colleagues and other circles about your websites, don’t hesitate from this. Definitely they will support you. Also you can go for business cards with URL written on them, Sell T-shirts with logo can help to gain popularity.

Some points to be keep in mind always :

1. Find out top blogs and websites related to your blog and interact with them. Comment on them and after sometime ask for sharing content.

2. Invite your friends to your Facebook page, update your Facebook regularly. Make use of images and videos and polls.

3. Make relation with people on twitter and share their content and you can request them to do the same.

4. Upload videos in your articles and on YouTube. Upload them to Reddit and Tumblr.

5. StumbleUpon : Avoid advertisement on stumble.

6. Pinterest : Images should be regular updated and repin others images.

7. Tumblr :Try short content here.

8. Google+ : Be an active member on Google+ . It helps in improving your rank.

9. Digg your URL regularly.

10. Good Content. Use Google Adwords, Google Trends or any other keyword tool to know low competition and high searches keywords.

11. Use Images and Videos in content.

12. Never buy traffic, visitors, gigs. It is a part of Black Hat SEO, it may even lead to permanent banning of your website.

Try these, hope it will help to generate tons of traffic for your website or blog.

Thanks
- mann

25 comments
A nice one indeed, but this one has certain ideas which requires investment to get good attention.
For example, Facebook promotion is mere waste without enough fans in a page, so to get more fans, you must invest a lot in it.
Secondly, "Offer something for free" - is something that is free for the users, and not us :P.

Rest all are common stuffs that must be done for a website.. Overall, in simple words, getting good traffic for free is impossible...

@sathishkumar, thanks mate for encouraging me...B-)

@Froomple, You dnt need to invest money everytime to offer something to users. You can be offer something realated to your skills too, like a Designer can offer some quality banners or a Facebook cover Photo with User photos and name in a good style, A coder can offer script, A webmaster can offer - free website installation or free pages for someone. or you can offer Link Exchange etc.

Also, For getting more fans on facebook page, A website owner needs to interact with others. he need to tell his family, friends, circles about his creation. Also If possible he can use a popup for requesting site visitors to like there site. Like I used on http://looklikecelebrity.com.

thanks,
- mann<3

@avRo, if you want to use for wordpress then install it, its very easy to use, but use google adwords to find keywords instead from this

thanks

Awesome post, I find using a lot of Social media to get a following in your niche best way to get bursts of traffic. But that only works if you are adding excellent content to your site regularly.

@Bizzoyce - Yes, I already mentioned Content is King.... When i started using social networks and bookmarking, I thoughts its wastage of time..... but now m getting about 30-40% traffic from them

"3. Get traffic from social bookmarking sites:
This is another way to get traffic. There are lot of users online who use social bookmarking website for searching good content. It is also a method of getting users faith to have connected your website on popular bookmarking websites. Use social bookmarking sites likes Digg , Delicious , Reddit, Tumblr, StumbleUpon, Pinterest ."

Do you have real results of it?
I'm just not sure about effectiveness of this method.

Hello Guys,

A universal truth is that nothing is free in the world. Either pay money or time. If you want to pay time to get traffic you may like these techniques:
1) Article submission
2) URL submission
3) Social Bookmarking
4) Classified ads posting
5) Press Release
6) Affiliation
7) Forum posting
8) Blog commenting
9) Social network marketing on the site, Myspace and Face book
10) many more...

Thanks and Regards
seoworldclass.com ;)

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Hello Guys,

A universal truth is that nothing is free in the world. Either pay money or time. If you want to pay time to get traffic you may like these techniques:
1) Article submission
2) URL submission
3) Social Bookmarking
4) Classified ads posting
5) Press Release
6) Affiliation
7) Forum posting
8) Blog commenting
9) Social network marketing on the site, Myspace and Face book
10) many more...

Thanks and Regards
seoworldclass.com

I agree that free classified site are one of the best source of getting traffic on a website. but there are also some rules to post free classified ads. I have just found a classified website and want to share it with you.
Posting classified ads site

From my point of view SEO is a ongoing process. So try to do regular update of your site and contents. First of all do your on-page SEO perfectly. After doing your on-page work start your off page SEO work. Do every type of SEO work for which you will get maximum benefit from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back