with a lan cable directly (no router)

IMTC0053.jpg

i have this cable only

i have tried many thing but cant get succes

plz help

thanku very much

EDIT : BOTH COMPUTERS HAVE LAN INSTALLED

9 comments
Hey u need to make sure that the cable is a crossover.

Just do a search on google on how a crossover cable looks like.

Once you connect both to the network adapters you will see both communicating, then add static ips on both with same gateway and it will work

Let me know if you need more help.

:)

Hello,

Yes it should be engraved on the cable, no not all cat5e cables are crossover.

And what you are showing me is the router, you need the cable.

Take a pic of your cable clips, on both of them i can tell u if its crossover or not.

Thanks

the cat is the significance of the quality, so a cat6 would be able to transfer data at a faster maximum speed than a cat5. I believe a CAT5 is 100mbit quality and CAT6 it 1gbit

Basically its like this. You got 4 wires. The 2 in the middle are the important ones. They are the send and recieve wires. If you use a non-crossover (patch) cable - its sending the data to the sending pin on the other computer. What a cross-over cable does is cross the 2 middle wires over, so the send data goes to the recieve pin instead.

Basically in a nut shell. If your feeling creative, cut the cable in the middle, cross the 2 middle wires over (as seen thru the clear plastic plug) and off you go, or buy a crossover cable :)

i have find

my cable is not crossover

it is standerd patch cable TIA-568B

i have found it through this source

Code:
http://www.samuraiitguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/cat5e-pin-layours.jpg

thanku for your reply

Yes that's the way, you can cut the cable and join wires aswell it will work, but make sure no wire is left out, or wrongly joined to a different color.

Thanks & Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back