Status
Not open for further replies.

hulkman

Hi everyone,
I am stuck up with a huge issue.I need real support.
I will explain you in short.
1. I have a PC with ADSL router(its not having phone line,just the router).
2. I have a HSDPA USB stick(working,currently using).
3. I want internet access for my office laptop which is locked very securely.
a) It does not have any usb ports,bluetooth.
b) I can connect only through cable(ethernet).
c) My PC dont have Wireless card.
d) I want to internet to my Laptop.
I want to bridge connection between (USB stick and my Adsl Modem).
Please help me, i need solution badly.
-Thanks in Advance.
Hulkman

Last edited:
15 comments
I dont think you will be able to bridge USB with Ethernet anytime.
Only possible way to connect both the PC is to use an ethernet cable and connect both the PC's.
In fact, I`m not sure if that can help you use the net on other PC.

Or simply you can buy a USB Wifi modem, cheap one on eBay will work, and just solve it without any problems.

If you router doesn't have a wireless option you have a few ways I can think of hooking the laptop.

One is disconnecting the desktop lan cable and putting it in your laptop.

The other would be to add a wireless card in the desktop and setting up a wireless network so the laptop could hook up and connect through that network to the office lan.

The last and easiest would be to get a lan cable spltter (like a phone cable splitter).
_ZrsCpt4xrr9WN3Qz4V58azPV6QxmhW-INKXRE1FtDAHKqw4hAZdY1y3U7KJyWtivFg0BIMvz66ispfX6pWUw8MrPsyJQo25XYyrqca7VxJ2Pzcz57ZuQ1KpSsZbXz3d_5nbd2bg4yQWjNCA0gVx6ZfMcKKZjcxpRGVfsYcbsGGGhP2eMN5BW636Qdc6eTYo4Hs
Belkin Pro Series Phone splitter - RJ- - F - 2 x RJ- - F

$2 online

1. get rid of the adsl router
2. connect your desktop directly to laptop with a LAN (ethernet) cable
3. plug the usb modem on desktop, share the internet from the desktop using windows' own internet connection sharing to the laptop

If you router doesn't have a wireless option you have a few ways I can think of hooking the laptop.

One is disconnecting the desktop lan cable and putting it in your laptop.

The other would be to add a wireless card in the desktop and setting up a wireless network so the laptop could hook up and connect through that network to the office lan.

The last and easiest would be to get a lan cable spltter (like a phone cable splitter).
_ZrsCpt4xrr9WN3Qz4V58azPV6QxmhW-INKXRE1FtDAHKqw4hAZdY1y3U7KJyWtivFg0BIMvz66ispfX6pWUw8MrPsyJQo25XYyrqca7VxJ2Pzcz57ZuQ1KpSsZbXz3d_5nbd2bg4yQWjNCA0gVx6ZfMcKKZjcxpRGVfsYcbsGGGhP2eMN5BW636Qdc6eTYo4Hs
Belkin Pro Series Phone splitter - RJ- - F - 2 x RJ- - F

$2 online
I tried lan cable but dint work out. I have a dial up network not LAN. I cant go for Wireless card now. lan cable wouldn't help as i have a dial-up network(HSDPA)
You can use usb ethernet adapter in one pc, its cheap

I can but my HSDPA modem is CDMA and its linked with a software.I cant install software in office laptop.
1. get rid of the adsl router
2. connect your desktop directly to laptop with a LAN (ethernet) cable
3. plug the usb modem on desktop, share the internet from the desktop using windows' own internet connection sharing to the laptop
i dont think i can share a dial up internet. I dont have a LAN.:'(

Mate the best and only way is to buy hsdpa router, stick modem into usb router port, enter details and its on, connect as many pc as you want. Connect ethernet cable and you are online. Before you buy router check if it is compatible with your modem.

well actually you can.

you can connect desktop to laptop directly using LAN cable (provided that both desktop & laptop have ethernet cards), so no need for router or switch, then share the internet on desktop to laptop as i stated above.

i do this many times on windows xp

What I was saying is when the desktop connects it can share that internet connection with your laptop by setting up a home network with the wireless card in the desktop.

Down side of this type of sharing that pc has to be on and in perfect performance to share connection. I had this type of sharing and usually there are also some port issues... 3g router is best deal, all time is on, wireless, 4x ethernet, upnp, more of that you can buy one with adsl socket for future use....

hey try this! download conectify http://www.connectify.me/

create a hotspot on the computer with internet access and select ethernet cable connection, not wifi, and conect ethernet cable directly from it to laptop! done! u can also create a wifi hotspot and connect other machines! and its free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back