How to block some countries in Blogger ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exact

Hi!
I am looking for ways to block few countries from viewing my blog (or just redirect) because i am feeling not so comfortable when my competitors visits my site 10 times per day and ready to stolen my content and my ideas & expirience. How it's possible to do this in blogger? I understand that blogger don't have such feature by deafault (like Facebook which allows to block some countries already in settings). But Maybe i can find some html/javascript widget or something else to do such stuff for blogger?
I will appreciate any of your tips...

3 comments
Doing this with blogger is difficult.
Just html will not allow you to do that.
Javascript will but there are a couple of downsides to that:
1. They can disable javascript and get onto your site rendering the block useless.
2. Javascript does not execute immediately and they will be able to see your site thus they will realise they are being blocked.

I guess you could get a free host somewhere with a small php script that will redirect them to where they need to go or block them but that is not easy and requires a lot of work :| And that depends if you have your own domain or not.

Have you tried just watermarking the shit out of your articles or something will be far easier. And are you sure its not just a scraper stealing your articles ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back