How to block all VPN and Proxy to access your Website under Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 comments
Если проблема срочная, пожалуйста, свяжитесь с помощью simplyway.net/en/administration.html~~pobj

Last edited:
Hello,Guys

I want to block all VPN and Proxy visit my website. What should I do? Thanks

Best Regards

You can't do that so far I know.
Of course you can try to find existing proxy IP and block it and there are few scripts available for that, but you can block some usual folks with that too.

Before you begin your effort to block VPN access to your site, there are three things you need to consider.

It is Very Difficult: Blocking VPNs and proxies is not as simple as it seems if you want to do it well. VPNs in particular are often well-hidden and they are constantly changing IP addresses.
It Will Never be Complete: Even the best blocking system will miss some VPNs. If a major company like Hulu can’t catch all VPNs, neither can any service you implement to unblock hulu.
You Will Block Legitimate Users: As discussed above, just as there are unethical reasons to use a VPN, there are practical ones too. By blocking VPNs, you block the security conscious at the same time you block spammers, meaning you will lose at least some legitimate visitors.
If blocking VPNs is still worth it, the easiest, albeit most expensive, way is to turn to third party software, such as those provided by BlockedScript.

If you’re more interested in just blocking proxies, you can make changes to your server to block most proxies. This works best against open proxies though there are other edits to block “tough” proxies. Still, these methods are going to miss VPNs, especially those that are trying to be hidden.

There are also WordPress plugins that can help automatically implement some of these strategies.

All in all though, any strategy to block VPN is either going to be time consuming, relatively expensive or only partially effective.

It’s yet another reason why such a strategy isn’t likely a good move at this time.

What is the reason you want to block vpn providers from your site? As there are much legitimate users who use it to protect their privacy.
It might eventually cost you business and you don't want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back