Status
Not open for further replies.
That site doesn't have FLASH at all, your confused.

And when you say FLASH the language used in FLASH sites is Action Script 3.0.

one thing u must hv to know
when u r going to learn a language,WHATEVER JAVA,php,python,asp,jsp,javascript.
At first u must have to knowledge in C or C++
they are basic.

If u r looking to make templates
then u can directly know html & css [they dont reqr knowledge on programming]
as they are designing

Same thing goes for Database(Sql/oracle),no knowledge reqd. in programming for this.

they are basic.

as they are designing

Same thing goes for Database(Sql/oracle),no knowledge reqd. in programming for this.
i asked respected developer
he also said that u dont need C++ for web dev unless u want to do soft dev
so i guess i dont need C++ for php mysql javascript or even for jquery
for java i might but thats like for both web n software n i think also i wont need it for actionscript

they are basic.

as they are designing

[meh] [meh] [meh] [meh] [meh] [meh] [meh] [meh]

Please don't listen to sohom.

You don't need to know anything about C/C++ to learn: JAVA,php,python,asp,jsp,javascript.

First it seems you are all kids and you don't know what are you talking about! :139:

You must to separate C/C++/Java/python from Php/asp.net/javascript . The first part is called programming languages for usually desktop applications, you can do web development using Java or what's called: JSP.

Now C/C++/C#/Java share almost the same concept in general but of course there is a big difference between them. If you pick any of them as a first programming language and learn it, the rest will be easier for you to learn. But why i am not advising not to start with C++, cuz most of students suffer from OOP - Object Oriented Programming part in C++, in Java it's easier and it will help you to learn C and C++.

Conclusion: Start with the one you want it!

i am pretty much confused about front and back end dev but my mind set is towards back end so far
front end will help creating templates right?but we can get most of them as custom made as well
which one has better future?
which one is more demanded?
which one would be more fun btw lol,both wud be difficult though

well i am starting classes of php from monday,they said it will take 2 months for php n sql n if i want javascript too then that will start after that,so 3 months for that
so now i wanna know which languages are required and will be good for back end programming,they said for server side its php n mysql n for client side its java script

also some1 learning php told me that it has C++ in it as well??

LoL php doesn't have C++ in it but it follows OOP concepts (Object Oriented Programming) just like C++.

So probably they are mistaken that php contains C++.

html5 and html both are same
so is css and css3 both same as well?
i have finished all exercises of html from codecademy.com
but it didnt had exercise about how to add pages like home about etc
so i guess i'll download the tutorials by bucky,the "thenewboston"
n rest w3school,i guess that should cover it all
though i am hoping they might teach it in css which i am doing currently
i already started php but i'll continue that after css now
css is quite interesting and time saving too

@chaudhary9

Why you are wasting your time with those websites? Just pick up a good book and read it, that's the only and the only way to master anything!!

@chaudhary9

Why you are wasting your time with those websites? Just pick up a good book and read it, that's the only and the only way to master anything!!
really
i thought its a good site,as i can practise in each exercise
n i thought it'll be good
there are so many books,i dont know which book will be good esp for beginners n i have to learn html/css first before php which i have covered mostly

Hmm, most of online websites just explain something simple and even you won't understand it as much when you read it from a book. Just search for top books and amazon and pick up the most rated ones :).

Those - the owners of online websites, learned from books then make you this online tutorial. And books have much examples and explained stuffs.

damn these different formats of html
i learnt all like this:
<body style="background-color: red; color:white">

but today some1 else was teaching me some stuff,n in that format was different which confused to forget mine
<body bgcolor="red" text=white >

now there are different things in this new format,from where can i find all attributes of the way i learnt,otherwise i'll now have to learn all new ones since there is many of html stuff left and i am learning it from some1 who has taken classes for all of the stuff

like now this one:
<marquee
bgcolor=blue height=500px width=40% onmouseover="stop()" onmouseout="start()" direction=left >

i dont know if same ones can b used with style= n then colon n semi colon

Stop there, you were on the right track. Most (if not all) tags or attributes that controls the visual appearance of webpage have been deprecated. You should use CSS styling for appearances, layouts and decoration.

Wait a second, your post is confusing, i mean that you should go with this kind of usage: <body style="background-color: red; color:white">

Edit again:
As for that marquee tag:
You can use it like this:
PHP:
<marquee style="background-color: blue; height:500px; width:40%;" onmouseover="stop()" onmouseout="start()" direction="left">
You can specify direction using marquee-direction, however it is from CSS 3 onwards only and you will need to use browser-specific prefixes.

Last edited:
Stop there, you were on the right track. Most (if not all) tags or attributes that controls the visual appearance of webpage have been deprecated. You should use CSS styling for appearances, layouts and decoration.

Wait a second, your post is confusing, i mean that you should go with this kind of usage: <body style="background-color: red; color:white">

yea i was just looking at CSS exercises which i am learning now,they are also using this style and they used same style in html,if i changed my style for html,then i wont b able to learn on their site further more
so it means the other style is old one?
well i guess if something old stuff doesnt matches with CSS styling then i'll ask for that here instead of adopting to that one :)
like will it be used same way?

<marquee
bgcolor=blue height=500px width=40% onmouseover="stop()" onmouseout="start()" direction=left >

i mean i'll colon and semi colon right?

it will become

<marquee style="background-color: blue; height: 500px; width: 40%; onmouseover: stop(); onmouseout: start; direction:left">
right?esp tell me about bold part

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Edit again:
As for that marquee tag:
You can use it like this:
PHP:
<marquee style="background-color: blue; height:500px; width:40%;" onmouseover="stop()" onmouseout="start()" direction="left">
You can specify direction using marquee-direction, however it is from CSS 3 onwards only and you will need to use browser-specific prefixes.

thanks
how will i know which attributes dont need colon and semi colon like first part needed it but later needed to be same way?
i guess styling things will need it but rest of it will be used the way it is right?

Nope, the bold part is the only wrong thing. I edited my reply above for correct use. onmouseover and onmouseout are javascript events. You can't specify them in CSS.

i guess styling things will need it but rest of it will be used the way it is right?
Yes

Nope, the bold part is the only wrong thing. I edited my reply above for correct use. onmouseover and onmouseout are javascript events. You can't specify them in CSS.

Yes

<table height=500px width=400px border="2px" bordercolor="white" bgcolor="yellow" cellspacing=10px>

it will become
<table border="2px; height:500px; width: 400px; color:white; background-color:yellow; cellspacing:10px"> right?

and
<body bgcolor="red" text=white background="pics/2.jpg">

will become:
<body style="background-color:red; color:white" >
i already mentioned this one but for image will add img tag here,that is confusing as i dont think img tag will fit here?

EDIT
it will become:
background-image:"pic/2.jpg"> or "url" /> ?

i tried above code but isnt working for background image :(
is there any way i can check all such attributes myself online?

EDIT again:
got it yay for the background i found this but i was adding link instead of writting url lol
"background-image:url('paper.gif')"

finally table one worked
<table border= "2px" style="height: 500px; width: 400px; background-color:yellow" bordercolor="blue" cellspacing=10px >

---------- Post added 16th Jun 2013 at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was 15th Jun 2013 at 08:56 PM ----------

this new and old styling has driven me crazy really
what is wrong here,alternate is not working for me in this code,but if i remove the style attribute and just use old styling then it works,why is that so?though without alternate everything works fine
<marquee style="background-color:red; height:50px; width:500px" behavior=alternate onmouseover="stop()" onmouseout="start()" > welcome to our site </marquee>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back