How to access mysql database without conrtol panel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasoothai

I installed mysql, php, phpmyadmin, apache. Now can I access mysql database without control panel to create database name, username and password ? Thanks.

28 comments
Thanks...

Btw I got an email notification describing a user (with my same ip) is entered in solusVM controle panel with the time of login. But that is not me. My IP also changed now. Is it possible ?

SoluSVM send you notification every time when you login there.

If you IP doesn't match and you seems suspicious activity, try change your Password in SolusVM panel.

Thanks feronso...

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

I installed apache, mysql, php and phpmyadmin in vps. I also created database and user with full previlage. Now, can I upload files to root folder to host a forum ? I don't need control panel. Thank you for your help.

you can't upload to root folder

default www folder is in /var/www/html, you can upload a sample index file to check

else, you can edit the httpd.conf to change the default folder

Thanks...

Btw I got an email notification describing a user (with my same ip) is entered in solusVM controle panel with the time of login. But that is not me. My IP also changed now. Is it possible ?

What makes you think it's not you? Just because you have a different IP now, doesn't mean you had a new one at that time of login. If they didn't screw with anything than it was probably you. But it doesn't hurt to change your login. Be sure to ALWAYS use SSL when logging into the control panel.

For one, I would NOT install PHPMyAdmin, Webmin or anything else on the Dom0 or DomU of the MasterGUI. Doing this will just increase the software hackers can exploit. There is no need to install PHPMyAdmin, nor should you be using the MySQL server for anything else but SolusVM.

If this is a seperate VM, than PHPMyAdmin is fine, but at the same time will be an overkill if you just want to create a user.

Refer to here for MySQL commands. http://wikiduh.com/508/essential-mysql-commands-cheat-sheet

Sorry, I am noob. How to use SSL when login ?

Without phpmyadmin, Can I execute SQL queries ?

Thanks for the link.
Yes, remember, a control panel is just a layer between you and the command line. Everything a control panel does you can do via the command line. Sometimes its faster and more secure to just do it via the command line.

To use SSL for solus, use https://example.com:5656 for login

Thank you for giving link, I heard about eaccelerator, policycoreutils, clamAV etc. Do they are important in configuring a VPS ? Thanks.

ClamAV is a antivirus for linux distributions, Its very easy to install and keep up to date. eAccelerator is a PHP cache module which boost your website browsing by saving already browsed pages where called PHP functions. it also help your VPS to reduce the memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back