How many hard drives do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biohost

Banned
Banned
I've got 10 connected to this PC which equals 16TB of space,
hZUyx.png

Then I got another 8 2TB drives to fit in these mediasonic 4 enclosures I got, then I have six 2TB to go into my HTPC and then FINALLY I got 20 2TB drives waiting to go in my fileserver which will house all 20 drives using unraid or another method of mounting so many drives and keeping it over a network :) So how many drives do you got?

25 comments
I dont see the point in adding loads of drives unless your using them all, it just creates extra heat, power use etc.

DuHLUl.png

I have 3x1TB as well but there not plugged in.

I dont see the point in adding loads of drives unless your using them all, it just creates extra heat, power use etc.

I have 3x1TB as well but there not plugged in.
I do use them all except for 28 of them that have yet to be set up. I'm builing a massive blu-ray movie collection, and heats not really a problem, I got on my desk 1 enclosure with a fan, a dvd-r drive above and 4 element drives above all ontop/side by side and they don't get very hot at all, hell even got a bunch of junk on top :P But yes in essence I do use all my hard drives, I've got one here yet to be filled but in a matter of time it will be.

• Internal 500GB
  • External 2500GB
  • External 1000GB
  • External 1000GB
  • External 500GB
  • External 250GB
Time is changing....who would have known 15 years ago when one thought 5-10GB is a lot. Now you know better :facepalm:

I would check out some network drive/enclosure options, that seems to be the way to go.

I Was sure i`m the only Psycho!

5 x 2TB here ;)

It`s awesome thread since exactly today i was trying to find an external rack for HDs only something like this:

http://www.chieftec.com/backplane_SNT-3051SS.html

Is someone using solutions like this? if so please share.

Like with cooling and power source connecting to pc by fire wire or USB 3.0

SNT-3051SS01.jpg

I don't particularly like threads which are a blatant attempt at bragging, but here goes anyway:

I have 3 HDDs in this pc, one in each of my old PCs, 3 external HDDs, 3 external 2.5" HDDs and a couple of old laptop HDDs that i've not tried out.

The 3 in my PC, I make full use of (mostly for code) and the external ones are generally for backups, certain downloads, ISOs (e.g. OSes), etc.

P.S. congrats on wasting your money on storage you'll never use to it's full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back